I have already written about the Piwigo Showcase, but I would like to "enlarge" its future use: instead of showing only "a few" Piwigo galleries, I would like it to be like a "Piwigo Galleries Directory" where any Piwigo gallery can be listed. The "Showcase" has it was planned at first would only be a subset of featured galleries.
* subscribing to the showcase must be easy for subscribers
* adding the gallery in the showcase must be easy for admins
* each gallery = a photo (screenshot) in a central Piwigo gallery (piwigo.org/showcase), with tags like "nature", "cars", place:USA, place:New-York, language:English, language:German
* in a second step, a Piwigo plugin will display a list of galleries from the showcase in the menubar, see topic:16056, the idea is to create communities of Piwigo users.
This is not the same project as topic:17739, the Piwigo Showcase won't display content from remote Piwigo galleries.
On subscriber side: I will code the "subscribe to Showcase" as a plugin. In the future, I would like to integrate/activate this plugin by default, in order to make "subscribe to showcase" as easy as possible for users, with a button on administration homepage.
When the user clicks on the button "Subscribe to Showcase", a form asks for details: description of the gallery, tags, message for Showcase admins
On Showcase side: the admin receives pending subscriptions and each one must be validated. A subscription is made of:
* the URL of the gallery
* the name of the author
* a description of the gallery
* a list of tags
* a message to showcase admins
I will write an API method to receive subscriptions.
The admin is responsible for creating the screenshot, with a precise width/height ratio, so that all screenshots have exactly the same size.
A contact form will also be available on the Showcase itself for manual subscription of galleries.