Announcement

Post a reply

Write your message and submit

Click in the dark area of the image to send your post.

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

SevenIna
2013-01-14 08:33:28

To forgive is not to forget, nor remit, but let it go; to be lonely is not becoz u have no friends, but no one is living in ur heart.

Keith
2012-07-19 17:49:11

Amazing software!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful product.  I can't say enough good things about it.  I've also told everyone I know about it too. 

Great to see so many upgrades in the newest release.  Particularly like the automatic detection of a mobile device which changes to the relevant skin.

In place upgrade was one click, completely painless and super fast.

Well done to all involved.

Cheers, Keith.

joe
2012-07-17 16:21:20

thankx for 2.4.1   ... nice work !!!

plg
2012-07-16 22:31:57

Richard Stockton wrote:

Now, any idea what caused it to ignore the "piwigo_" prefix for users?  And, is there anything I can do about that?  I'm worried that the next update will lose some users.

Yes, I have an idea, but please open a specific topic. Something we can mark as resolved once it's resolved :-)

Richard Stockton
2012-07-16 22:14:23

I understand what you mean. This is a matter of building the "multiple size" cache. By default the multiple size cache, including thumbnails, is generated on gallery size, when visitors are browsing your photos.

If you want to increase speed, I advise you to pre-build the cache :

1) Screen [Administration > Photos > Batch Manager]
2) Predefined filter "All"
3) in the "Selection" section click on "select the whole set"
4) in the "Action" section, select "Generate multiple size images" and check the "M - medium" size
5) click on the "Apply action" button

If you want to makes things even faster,  once the M sized photos are also in the cache, apply the same action on Thumbnail and Square.

Thanks very much, that has helped considerably.

Now, any idea what caused it to ignore the "piwigo_" prefix for users?  And, is there anything I can do about that?  I'm worried that the next update will lose some users.
Thanks again.
- Richard

plg
2012-07-16 21:46:04

Richard Stockton wrote:

however the whole app is now very slooooooooow.  Before I upgraded, the only time I saw an image being rendered was when I asked for the high definition version.  Now it happens with everything, even the thumbnails.  In many cases it takes more than 2 minutes to render the regular size image.

I understand what you mean. This is a matter of building the "multiple size" cache. By default the multiple size cache, including thumbnails, is generated on gallery size, when visitors are browsing your photos.

If you want to increase speed, I advise you to pre-build the cache :

1) Screen [Administration > Photos > Batch Manager]
2) Predefined filter "All"
3) in the "Selection" section click on "select the whole set"
4) in the "Action" section, select "Generate multiple size images" and check the "M - medium" size
5) click on the "Apply action" button

If you want to makes things even faster,  once the M sized photos are also in the cache, apply the same action on Thumbnail and Square.

Richard Stockton
2012-07-16 21:05:31

I updated from 2.3.5 to 2.4.1 and got a page of mysql errors.  The first error was that the table "users" did not exist.  This was true in that ALL tables in my database are prefixed by "piwigo_".  Taking a chance, I copied the mysql piwigo_users.MYI, .MYD, and .frm to just "users.MYI", etc. (leaving the original table untouched) and now everything appears to work correctly, however the whole app is now very slooooooooow.  Before I upgraded, the only time I saw an image being rendered was when I asked for the high definition version.  Now it happens with everything, even the thumbnails.  In many cases it takes more than 2 minutes to render the regular size image.

So, what can I do to speed this up?  If nothing, how to I return to version 2.3.5?

Thanks in advance for any help.
- Richard

icy
2012-07-09 11:42:44

ddtddt wrote:

http://piwigo.org/basics/upgrade

Thank you . I did try . The last step http://example.com/photos/upgrade.php isn't a *manual* one though :(

ddtddt
2012-07-09 08:12:44
icy
2012-07-09 05:20:53

plg wrote:

Follow the automatic upgrade procedure and run the most recent version of Piwigo.

Do you have any Manual upgrade Procedure?

I tried to upgrade my Piwigo from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0 and for some reasons, the upgrade process was complete with bad database. For example, some columns in the tables `piwigo_images` are not deleted. I did try again from a backup database with fails. Now the schema of databases Piwigo 2.4 and Piwigo 2.3.5 + upgrade are different. The gallery is working but

* I can't active/disactive plugin. I have to do it via mysql query
* I can't active the comment system
* I can't see the catcha support in the registration page

I need some manual steps to complete the missing stuff. For example, I like to invoke some scripts in `install/db/*.php` manually but I don't actually how to do that as they are all required me to do via web ui.

Thank you for helps.

newmikey
2012-07-04 17:18:47

Very nice and hard work too I suppose. Great job by all of you on that dev-team!

EdwinKort
2012-07-04 15:48:56

Thanks ;)

*when can we expect 2.5 ;)*

Just kidding. Relax and take some nice summer holiday ;)

pewe
2012-07-04 01:44:58

Thanks.

Keep up the excellent work

plg
2012-07-03 23:39:40

Hello Piwigo users,

Here comes Piwigo version 2.4.1. This version is mainly about fixing bugs you have reported to the coding team, especially concerning thumbnail and multiple size generation. See full details on the Piwigo 2.4.1 Release Notes. Thank you for your reports!

Please also note the active work from the translation team: 25 languages have been updated to include the latest strings introduced in Piwigo 2.4.

Follow the automatic upgrade procedure and run the most recent version of Piwigo.

Have a nice summer!

--
Piwigo Team

Board footer