Announcement

Post a reply

Write your message and submit

Click in the dark area of the image to send your post.

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

volkskamera
2017-04-14 07:48:21

Great, thanks

Good to know i'm not the only one :)

windracer
2017-04-13 16:28:28

volkskamera wrote:

Since RC1 there's an upgrade of my default theme available (Bootstrap darkroom). Once i click on "update" it shows "failed".
Also overwriting the files (1.05 to 1.06) doesn't solve the problem.

Yeah, I saw that a while ago ... see here.

volkskamera
2017-04-13 06:56:04

I've upgraded RC1 to RC2 this morning and can confirm it's working, got the same message after the DB upgrade.

The only thing i realized:
Since RC1 there's an upgrade of my default theme available (Bootstrap darkroom). Once i click on "update" it shows "failed".
Also overwriting the files (1.05 to 1.06) doesn't solve the problem.
I've ignored the update for now, but it would be good if it works later at some point.

windracer
2017-04-10 21:41:45

Upgrade from RC1 (just unzipping over existing directory) went fine. Only difference from the last upgrade was this message when I went into the Dashboard:

http://piwigo.org/forum/showimage.php?pid=167241&filename=rc2-upgrade01.png

Which resulted in this when I clicked the "upgrade now" link:

Code:

2 upgrades to apply

=== upgrade 151

add "picture_sizes_icon" and "index_sizes_icon" parameters

=== upgrade 152

add 5 parameters to show/hide icons (edit/caddie/repressentative)

Everything seemed to go smoothly though.

plg
2017-04-10 16:40:13

Dear "release candidate" testers,

2.9 is very near. Here is the second release candidate, and we hope the last one. As usual with "release candidates", this release is for test only, so don't install it on your live website.

1) Changes

To learn more about new features of Piwigo 2.9, you can read the previous announcement announcement for 2.9.0beta1 + announcement for 2.9.0beta2 + announcement for 2.9.0RC1

Here is the list of changes compared to Piwigo 2.9.0RC1. First the changes for users:

* new display options to show/hide icons on thumbnails and photos pages
* visits made on mobile theme will increase visit counter
* ability to show album description on all pages of the album (not just the first page)

... and then more "technical" changes:

* $conf['picture_ext'] and $conf['file_ext'] are now case-insensitive, ie "jpg" will accept *.JPG or *.Jpg files

Full list available on Github

2) Screenshots

http://piwigo.org/screenshots/piwigo-2.9-display-options.png

On page [Administration > Configuration > Options > Display] you will find new checkboxes, to show or hide the size selector or admin links (edit/caddie/representative). On both thumbnails page and photo page.

3) Start to beta test

Download Piwigo 2.9.0RC2

If you can't install it but want to test it, just ask and we will happily provide a testing installation.

Please, open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter.

The beta-testing continues and we still need your feedbacks :-) Beta-test installations hosted on piwigo.us/beta have already been updated.

Happy beta-testing :-)

Board footer