Announcement

Post a reply

Write your message and submit

Click in the dark area of the image to send your post.

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

erAck
2020-02-14 15:46:51

Searching the entry web page for donate yields the Donate button, and yes, it's hidden at the bottom of the page.

bigbrowndoors
2020-02-14 14:15:30

And importantly I am so pleased with piwigo that a donation is now a must as I do not want piwigo to disappear after all these years...how do I donate please?

bigbrowndoors
2020-02-14 14:13:54

Hi all - very new to this forum although I have been using piwigo for years. Never had any issues ever...but now I am faced with a conundrum!  Dreamhosts are updating all their hosted sites to the latest versions of PHP, and when they did that the site would not function at all.  Can anybody offer me advice as to what I can do to keep using my piwigo site using the latest PHP version.  I am currently running:

Piwigo 2.10.1 Check for upgrade
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.6.40 (Show info) [2020-02-14 04:58:06]
MySQL: 5.7.25-log [2020-02-14 04:58:06]
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.7-4

ddtddt
2019-12-17 14:08:19

MinasEsportes wrote:

I am very pleased with Piwigo.
In the future, I intend to contribute work to the Portuguese (Brazil)
version and even, perhaps, financially.

However, when upgrading to Piwigo 2.10, my site has stopped working.
I can not recover nor return to the original version because it does
not appear the point that is the UPGRADE.
Would a documentation link or script be possible to go back to
the previous version without my having to use my backup?

Hi :-)

Can you open new topic and says what version before update ?

MinasEsportes
2019-12-17 13:46:52

plg wrote:

Hello Piwigo users and followers!

This 2.10 version marks a turning point in Piwigo’s history, as it is the first step for a new Piwigo, redesigned according to current standards. The journey is not over yet, still we are proud of the work that has been made by our talented designers. But design is nothing without user oriented features brought to you by our dedicated developement team and great contributors.

https://piwigo.org/screenshots/github-s … t-2.10.jpg

Theme Modus becomes default theme with 8 new skins, new overall design for administration, new dark mode, new upload form, compatibility with MySQL 8, history of administration activity... are a few improvements brought by Piwigo 2.10.

Piwigo 2.10 release notes

Have a happy update

I am very pleased with Piwigo.
In the future, I intend to contribute work to the Portuguese (Brazil)
version and even, perhaps, financially.

However, when upgrading to Piwigo 2.10, my site has stopped working.
I can not recover nor return to the original version because it does
not appear the point that is the UPGRADE.
Would a documentation link or script be possible to go back to
the previous version without my having to use my backup?

plg
2019-10-16 10:04:31

Ortolan wrote:

After upgrading my website (www.grzyby.kujawa.org.pl) does not work. [...] Could you help to solve the problem?

Sure. Please open a new discussion on the forum to get this fixed :-)

Ortolan
2019-10-15 18:41:32

After upgrading my website (www.grzyby.kujawa.org.pl) does not work.
I have got the warning:

Warning: [mysql error 1146] Table 'ortolan_grzyby.piwigo_add_properties_photos' doesn't exist
SELECT wording FROM piwigo_add_properties_photos WHERE wording = 'Description' LIMIT 1; in /home/ortolan/public_html/grzyby/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856
Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /home/ortolan/public_html/grzyby/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 220

How can I restore the website? Unfortynately, I am not skilled in SQL, however I could try to follow an instruction. Could you help to solve the problem?

executive
2019-10-15 15:16:06

He means if you have an issue, then open your own topic about it. Don't spam this announcement topic. It doesn't belong here.

stormhike
2019-10-15 08:44:42

stormhike wrote:

While I am all wound up I would like to point out that the amount of wasted space above the photo in the modus theme makes it so that you have to select a smaller photo size, which sucks. I recommend that you ease out any unnecessary space around the photos.

OK, please open a new dedicated topic to discuss that and don't forget screenshots. For me, the Modus theme is especially good at using spaces efficiently.

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry I don't know how to open a "dedicated topic".
I dived into quartz.css and removed padding top and bottom on #menubar and on .titrePage which gave me more room for my photos. I also moved up the hamburger and removed padding from the top of #theImageAndInfos. I like it more now.

stormhike
2019-10-15 08:25:26

plg wrote:

homdax wrote:

Sued... pfff, ridiculous this is free software used at own risk. Unless its a piwigo.com paying user of course.

Even a Piwigo.com client can't sue Piwigo.com because the application behavior has changed. That's a term of service matter and I'm quite confident with them ;-) No worry.

You are probably not worried because you don't live in the sue-happy USA.
Do a web search for something like "accessibility website court cases" and you will see that there are thousands of cases.
I do think you should be interested in doing the most you can to help those who are visually impaired. I encourage you to think more about it in the future.

stormhike
2019-10-15 07:48:59

homdax wrote:

Sued... pfff, ridiculous this is free software used at own risk. Unless its a piwigo.com paying user of course.

You are probably right that it is ridiculous if you don't live in the USA. In the last couple of years there have been thousands of suits against websites that don't reach accessibility standards. It probably wouldn't be Piwigo that would get sued but someone using the software or the hosting.
It is a shame that ridicule is often the reaction to Accessibility standards rather than one of considering how we can help those who are vision impaired.

homdax
2019-10-11 08:25:49

Actually you can, it's all about what agreement you have with the supplier.

executive
2019-10-11 07:27:05

You mean I can sue a company if I can't read their website under certain conditions, and it's not mentioned in their terms. That's quite funny!

plg
2019-10-10 14:22:41

homdax wrote:

Even a Piwigo.com client can't sue Piwigo.com because the application behavior has changed. That's a term of service matter and I'm quite confident with them ;-) No worry.

plg
2019-10-10 14:21:10

eliz82 wrote:

stormhike wrote:

On my system it scores a miserable 61% on the Lighthouse Accessibility Audit in the Chrome browser. You might want to look into that or you might get sued.

Plg, I apologize on his behalf.
I can even imagine how you feel after working for so many years on a free software and see something like this.

I feel perfectly fine. stormhike is angry because his Piwigo doesn't behave as he used to love it. What I mainly understand is that he loves his Piwigo. I appreciate this love :-D

Board footer