Announcement

#46 2007-07-31 22:19:02

terwolde
Translation Team
netherlands
2007-07-31

Re: Contributing On PhpWebGallery Project

I have rewritten te language dutch for the galllery, the admin and the user interface are now 99% translated

contact me if you are interested webmaster @ terwolde . net

#47 2007-08-01 21:38:25

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

terwolde wrote:

I have rewritten te language dutch for the galllery, the admin and the user interface are now 99% translated

Can you  post it in the exenstions / Language?
So it will be available for all other dutch users .
Thanks

#48 2007-08-01 22:49:43

terwolde
Translation Team
netherlands
2007-07-31

mathiasm wrote:

terwolde wrote:

Can you  post it in the exenstions / Language?
So it will be available for all other dutch users .
Thanks

done

#49 2007-08-02 12:56:52

maple
Prague
2007-05-24

Hi all contributors,

I have extracted the EXIF view functionality I have been used for a long time personally only for my gallery. Now it is as a plugin compatible with 1.7.0 gallery (http://forum.phpwebgallery.net/viewtopic.php?id=11430). I have prepared whole translation of gallery into Czech language (UTF-8, common, admin, install and all help files) - not released yet, but will be hopefully in few days. During translations I found several minor bugs related to translations/localization in PWG.

I can submit them into bug tracker (one by one or all together into one ticket, they are mostly very small and cosmetic), but the question is - how can I fix them - how can I help and contribute? The same question regarding the future development of PWG, there are several issues which are pain for me (complete UTF-8 support, IPTC encoding) and maybe I'm not the only (e.g. http://bugs.phpwebgallery.net/view.php?id=710). I want to contribute with these issues, but don't know how. Have you any source control repository, any development rules? Validation/approval of contributed code? Any roadmap of feateures, which will be in next release, or anybody can develop anything for itself and then release it for public? :-)

Thanks for any info.
Martin

P.S. Only little clarification - several recent posts from guest regarding "Maple PWG" are my posts...

#50 2007-08-03 00:41:56

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

maple wrote:

During translations I found several minor bugs related to translations/localization in PWG.

I can submit them into bug tracker (one by one or all together into one ticket, they are mostly very small and cosmetic),

Do it in one ticket. Register to the bugtracker, so we can track yourself-related stuff. :-)

maple wrote:

but the question is - how can I fix them - how can I help and contribute? The same question regarding the future development of PWG, there are several issues which are pain for me (complete UTF-8 support, IPTC encoding) and maybe I'm not the only (e.g. http://bugs.phpwebgallery.net/view.php?id=710). I want to contribute with these issues, but don't know how. Have you any source control repository, any development rules? Validation/approval of contributed code? Any roadmap of feateures, which will be in next release, or anybody can develop anything for itself and then release it for public? :-)

The forum rules said One question per post :-)))))
Well, the wiki is a source of information (check developer's corner in english section).
Roadmap, future are almost discussed in french, since for now, all members of the team are french-speaking.
But your goals are in our minds for along time now (especially utf-8), but time is missing.

I think, using a checkout of the repository (check the wiki), you can begin to code. Then you can give us some patches. And I think you will gain your write access to SVN in a short time.

Please note many team members are in holiday currently and then process is slow down.

#51 2007-08-03 13:48:32

maple
Prague
2007-05-24

mathiasm wrote:

The forum rules said One question per post :-)))))
Well, the wiki is a source of information (check developer's corner in english section).
Roadmap, future are almost discussed in french, since for now, all members of the team are french-speaking.
But your goals are in our minds for along time now (especially utf-8), but time is missing.

I think, using a checkout of the repository (check the wiki), you can begin to code. Then you can give us some patches. And I think you will gain your write access to SVN in a short time.

Please note many team members are in holiday currently and then process is slow down.

Ok, Ok... one question per post :-) I'll study the rules and wiki closely.
I'll prepare some steps/proposal for the most painful issues (for me now IPTC encoding and gallery encoding to UTF-8), then I can present my plan and after that I can try to implement it. Hope, it will be in reasonable time, I have already converted previous version of PWG into UTF-8.

Holidays, holidays... I've been 3 weeks in Corsica (beautiful mountains and the sea), so I'm now full of energy and have planty of photos :-) But my French vocabulary didn't grow so much from the past, only several words added: bonjour, au revoir, eau, vin, voiture, service, alternateur...

#52 2007-08-04 02:14:51

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

maple wrote:

Ok, Ok... one question per post :-) I'll study the rules and wiki closely.

For the forum, was a joke here.

maple wrote:

I'll prepare some steps/proposal for the most painful issues (for me now IPTC encoding and gallery encoding to UTF-8), then I can present my plan and after that I can try to implement it. Hope, it will be in reasonable time, I have already converted previous version of PWG into UTF-8.

Ideally, put them in the wiki en:features:iptc_management and en:features:encoding, so everybody can comment in the forum.
When you'll have begun, create a dedicated topic with your questions in the english discussion forum, it will be simplier than reading this long long topic.

maple wrote:

Holidays, holidays... I've been 3 weeks in Corsica (beautiful mountains and the sea), so I'm now full of energy and have planty of photos :-) But my French vocabulary didn't grow so much from the past, only several words added: bonjour, au revoir, eau, vin, voiture, service, alternateur...

You're lucky. I missed Corsica, it's a so beautiful place.

Regards

#53 2007-10-03 21:42:25

Kaoru

Erf...
In the subfolder "galleries" and include there is 2 files ".csvignore".
And i have a problem, i can't delete these folders because the files ".csvignore"

It is normal ?

#54 2007-10-03 21:56:25

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

chmod 777
on .csvignore files
before trying to delete them.

8-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#55 2007-12-11 19:16:41

evasions-ddt
2007-02-16

IN ENGLISH

hello,

I am north of France. 
To test PhpWebGallery in Intranet I brought into service a server  with: 
- Apache 2.2 (for Windows)
- PHP 5.2.5
- MySQL 5.0.45
- PhpMyAdmin 2.11.2. 

The installation is completely manual and functions very well. 

I can provide you a complete teachware in French (1 file HTML and a  file CSS) if that seems useful to you
If you are really interested I want to translate in English  too. 

PS:  my English is very average sorry

Cordially

IN FRENCH

hello,

Je suis du nord de la france.
Pour tester PhpWebGallery en intranet j'ai mis en service un server avec :
- Apache 2.2 (pour windows)
- PHP 5.2.5
- MySQL 5.0.45
- PhpMyAdmin 2.11.2.

L'installation est complètement manuel et fonctionne très bien.

Je peux vous fournir un didacticiel complet en français (1 fichier HTML et un fichier CSS) si cela vous semble utile
Si vous êtes vraiment intéressé je veux bien le traduire en anglais aussi.

Ps: mon anglais est très moyen désolé

Cordialement

#56 2007-12-11 21:33:38

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

evasions-ddt wrote:

IN ENGLISH

[...]
IN FRENCH
[...]

If you want to provide information to english-speaking users, use english.

If you want to exchange with the team, use your native language, discussion will be more precise this way. Most of the devs and modos are french, and some have a good level in english, some in italian also.

Welcome here.

About the tutorial , create a page in the wiki. Either in french fr:installer:didacticel or in english en:install:tutorial
Thanks for your work.

Board footer