Announcement

#1 2009-04-27 23:11:58

AndrewRH
2009-04-27

2.0.1: No formatting after NetInstall

Hi,

I just installed Piwigo 2.0.1 on my website using netinstall.

One hitch was that the directory for it was permission 750, so I changed that to 755 and finished the install.

After logging in though, there was no pretty formatting: everything was just text and in a single vertical column.  When I selected something from that column, the very bottom of the column changed to show whatever options there were for the 'something' that I had clicked on.

Same issue in both Firefox 3.0.9 and Internet Explorer

~Andrew~

Last edited by AndrewRH (2009-04-27 23:12:45)

#2 2009-04-27 23:34:48

AndrewRH
2009-04-27

Re: 2.0.1: No formatting after NetInstall

It appears that my initial problem with the directory being 750 is the cause of the formatting problems.  Everything installed by netinstall was given the same permissions!

Thus, I must manually go through and change every file/folder to be 755.

~Andrew~

#3 2009-04-27 23:38:48

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Your screenshot is about the administration panel. Do you have the same issue with the public side of the gallery?

This problem looks like a permission problem for reading the CSS stylesheet file. Do you have access to the web server error.log file? Can you check there are sufficient permissions on admin/template/goto/*.css files?

#4 2009-04-27 23:52:15

AndrewRH
2009-04-27

Yes, applied to both admin and normal site.  I did just post that I saw the permission issue as being its cause.

I guess I was to blame when creating the original piwigo directory and only giving it permission 750 (no read/execute permission for 'world')?

To help others, can Piwigo install check the permissions of the directory into which it is being installed and flag them as incorrect?

~Andrew~

#5 2009-04-28 23:23:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

AndrewRH wrote:

I guess I was to blame when creating the original piwigo directory and only giving it permission 750 (no read/execute permission for 'world')?

This is really unexpected to me. In theory, NetInstall needs the directory to be o+w (or u+w if the directory owner is the same user as web server user which is not very often the case). So if you have "0" permission for "other", you should have gotten a blocking warning during NetInstall first step.

To help others, can Piwigo install check the permissions of the directory into which it is being installed and flag them as incorrect?

This is what is already done in piwigo-netinstall.php:

Code:

if (!is_writable(dirname(__FILE__)))
                {
                        writeMessage('warning',l10n('Write access is needed'), array(
                                l10n('It looks like NetInstall wont be able to write in the current directory, and this is required to follow on.'),
                                l10n('Please try to change the permissions to allow write access, then reload this page by hitting the Refresh button.')
                        ));
                        nextAction(l10n('Refresh'),1);
                }

Board footer