#1 2010-06-10 22:28:58

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

rightClick

[extension by Piwigo Team] rightClick

2.1.b is the first stable release.
Remind that rightClick is not a full secured solution against image copy ( there is no solution at all ).

Image drag/drop to your browser tab-bar will be the next evolution.

Note: You (as webmaster) and your administrators by default still have a context menu on right click.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#2 2010-08-23 20:03:17

philsoft

Re: rightClick

Hi great mod thanks, can it be changed to allow regestered USERS aswell  as  webmaster and your administrators by default??

#3 2010-09-04 17:08:34

philsoft

philsoft wrote:

Hi great mod thanks, can it be changed to allow regestered USERS aswell  as  webmaster and your administrators by default??

Can anyone tell me is VDigital still an active member of this forum?

Its just I think this mod would be much better if regestered USERS was also allowed to be able too copy images, anyone know how to change??

#4 2010-09-04 21:28:55

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Hi;

VDigital is a "Former Piwigo Team", ie, he doesn't participate to the forum any more -- alas.

But it doesn't mean this plugin will not evoluate, a developer can be interested in the same evolution than you; or it can be so simple that it is just a few lines to modify.

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

#5 2010-09-05 12:28:25

philsoft

LucMorizur wrote:

Hi;

VDigital is a "Former Piwigo Team", ie, he doesn't participate to the forum any more -- alas.

But it doesn't mean this plugin will not evoluate, a developer can be interested in the same evolution than you; or it can be so simple that it is just a few lines to modify.

Thanks for the info LucMorizur.

It just seems pointless to allow webmaster and administrators ability to right click.

When it would be much better allowing registered users, this would encourage more guests to register!

#6 2010-09-08 00:07:42

Philsoft
2010-09-05

philsoft wrote:

LucMorizur wrote:

Hi;

Thanks for the info LucMorizur.

It just seems pointless to allow webmaster and administrators ability to right click.

When it would be much better allowing registered users, this would encourage more guests to register!

I have now added the above requst..
if anyone wants to use it.

Just have a look on the code asis currently:
http://piwigo.org/dev/browser/extension … ct.php#L11
That means you can set $conf['rightClick_level'] as you want.

Please use [extension by Piwigo Team] LocalFiles Editor
Thru Local config tab (Edit of local/config/config.inc.php) insert :
$conf['rightClick_level'] = 1;

Where 1 is one value of
$conf['available_permission_levels'] = array(0,1,2,4,8);
where level are current defined as:
http://piwigo.org/dev/browser/branches/ … g.php#L525
That means Contact (1) has to become a default value for registred users.
--- (0) will be kept for guest (unregistred user).

Default values have to be different from guest: (Admin > Users > Manage )
So create a new user "Default Profile" with a strong unguessable password and no email (or a dummy stupid email)...
Go over the Authorization icon of "Default Profile" just to read the related its "id"
(For example: ...admin.php?page=profile&user_id=245 )
Again by Local config tab(Edit of local/config/config.inc.php) insert :
$conf['default_user_id'] = 245;

Now, existing users: (Admin > Users > Manage )
Filter Users: With status = User
Change their properties to set their Privacy level to (1) Contact.
Target all (Validate) if you never used Privacy level before.
Or select users (not Guest) who haven't a current Privacy level (see Properties column in the current user list): Don't downgrade a Family or Admin privacy level to Contact, they will loose accesses to some pictures.

==============================

well it works fine for me..

#7 2010-09-08 07:50:33

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Hi;

I don't use rightClick so I can't test your solution, but at least I can say that it is nice you found something, and what's more that you share it :-) .

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

#8 2010-09-10 09:39:36

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Nice workaround Philsoft! (obviously, you took the time to investigate in Piwigo code, congrats)

On the [extension by Piwigo Team] rightClick, VDigital wrote:

VDigital wrote:

By default, webmaster and administors keep the right-click available.By default, webmaster and administors keep the right-click available.

"webmaster" and "administrator" are user status, but in the code, rightClick works with privacy levels. This may sound confusing but  user status and privacy levels are not related. So I will update the plugin description.

To avoid such a complex configuration, [Bugtracker] ticket 1782 is in the roadmap.

#9 2010-09-24 14:45:09

mbaumser
2009-03-26

Great plugin.  One enhancement I'd like to see is the ability to change the message that is displayed when someone does right-click.  Currently the file name is displayed.  I'd like to change that to a generic "This image is copywrited. Please contact .......to purchase"

Marc

#10 2016-10-26 16:55:53

jamie

Can right click be disabled for the 'next image' section(as seen in this photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67721497@ … ed-public/

#11 2020-12-09 15:55:08

Elliot
2020-12-09

I have made a fix to rightClick to support the Bootstrap Darkroom theme. Is there anyone around who can accept my GitHub pull request?

Thanks.

#12 2023-10-13 11:16:39

serge73
2022-06-07

I Install Right click onb my Piwigo

https://club-photo-cognin.com/piwigo

and it is not working

How can I debug

Best Regards

Serge

#13 2023-10-13 19:27:09

abda53
2023-10-11

There are so many ways to bypass and get around right clicking that it's basically pointless. If someone wants to grab your photos they will. You are better off doing things like adding watermarks, restricting full size downloads, etc

Board footer