Announcement

#1 2010-07-01 15:34:47

kiddy-admin
Translation Team
Moscow
2009-05-16

piwigo.com

I have received at Russian forum message wiht a question  to which I do not know what to respond:

geomagi wrote:
Greetings. Yesterday upgrade to 2.1.2 without problems. Thanks all took part in development :) of the given script. The truth is one question, on a site piwigo.com has found the paid version of this script, I am mistaken or the truth and in what a difference between the paid and free version?
P.S. Many thanks that have entered my translation on the Georgian language in дистр. It for me very big responsibility.
Good luck all.

#2 2010-07-01 20:06:50

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: piwigo.com

Hi kiddy-admin and geomagi,

kiddy-admin wrote:

[...] one question, on a site piwigo.com has found the paid version of this script, I am mistaken or the truth and in what a difference between the paid and free version?

Piwigo.com is not the paid version of the script. On Piwigo.com you pay : for the hosting and the service dedicated to photos hosting, including automatic backups and support by email. You do not pay for the software itself.

If we talk about the software itself and not the hosting, there is no real difference between Piwigo on Piwigo.com and on your own server. I have made some slight changes (like hiding environment information on administration homepage,  or adding a link to contact piwigo.com support team) but nothing else.

On top of that, I would like to say that contributors (like translators) can ask for free months (the number will depend on the contribution) if they are interested in using the Piwigo.com service.

#3 2010-07-02 08:41:53

kiddy-admin
Translation Team
Moscow
2009-05-16

ok,  thanks.

#4 2011-05-20 10:17:55

smallseb
Lyon
2006-05-07

Rah, I'm glad to read that! I thought Piwigo.com:
* either had stung all
* either had abandoned the open source version
* or has decided to ONLY make money with this wonderful little program!

though, i'm glad that you did, make money i mean, bc you deserve it... This platform is, as far as i'm concerned, the best I ever saw!

Last edited by smallseb (2011-05-21 14:40:49)

#5 2011-05-21 16:30:36

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi smallseb,

Piwigo is still opensource and available for free on Piwigo.org. There are no "extra feature" on Piwigo.com and it is possible to move your Piwigo photo gallery on Piwigo.com of to move from Piwigo.com to another hosting provider.

Piwigo.com is a paid service, but users don't pay for using Piwigo, they pay for the services (hosting, backup, dedicated support).

Board footer