Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Random Pic Slideshow on Additional Pages

#1 2010-10-18 16:18:35

Darryl
2010-04-27

Random Pic Slideshow on Additional Pages

I currently have my main URL redirect to an 'Additional Page' so I can have my own landing page.

On that landing page, I would like to include a slide show that displays all of the pictures in all albums randomly, every 2 or 3 seconds. I would like this slide show to begin as soon as the user loads the page.

Is there any way to pull the code from the 'Random Picture' section of the menu and adapt it to what I need?

Thanks.

#2 2010-10-23 00:01:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Random Pic Slideshow on Additional Pages

Hi Darryl,

Are you thinking of something like what rvelices (Piwigo core developer) did on the homepage of his photo gallery? http://www.modusoptimus.com/pwg

#3 2010-10-23 13:58:30

Darryl
2010-04-27

Yes, something similar. I currently have my page automatically redirect to an 'Additional Page' when loading and wanted to put a slideshow. I thought I might be able to use the one built in to Piwigo.

#4 2010-11-02 15:41:40

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

The slideshow intergrated into Piwigo is full page slideshow and is not designed to be included as a "widget" on another page. You need a javascript or flash widget for this. There are many jQuery slideshow available on the web. We use nivo slider on piwigo.org homepage.

Is there any way to pull the code from the 'Random Picture' section of the menu and adapt it to what I need?

It would be nice to have an show as slideshow option in the random pictures module for [extension by plg] PWG Stuffs. Would you like to get some help to implement it or you just want to make the feature request?

•  » Requests
  •  » Random Pic Slideshow on Additional Pages

Board footer