Announcement

#1 2011-04-26 17:22:39

philip
Guest

latest release 2.2.1

Hi all, thanks for the latest release 2.2.1

I have been using piwigo software for some time now and just upgraded to 2.2.1 with no problems.

I seem to have caused myself a problem now by upgrading?

All my 290 users don't have ftp, ploader access for security reasons because I have a dedicated server and other websites hosted on it.

My piwigo users always used the old method upload a picture on previous install; Piwigo 2.1.6.

So my problem now is that my users cannot upload pictures as the Community plugin doesn’t support the default theme. Only Compatible with Simple* and Stripped themes.
Plus the Community plugin dose not support users; authors, titles or descriptions for me this is important for SEO. 

Help please..is it possible to add the old method upload a picture from previous version Piwigo 2.1.6   two  version 2.2.1

Last resort Guidance on reverting back to Piwigo 2.1.6  would be very helpful

Many thanks in advance philip

 

#2 2011-04-26 22:21:15

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13276

Re: latest release 2.2.1

Hi philip,

philip wrote:

So my problem now is that my users cannot upload pictures as the Community plugin doesn’t support the default theme. Only Compatible with Simple* and Stripped themes.

Community is compatible with core themes (Sylvia, dark, clear), Simple*, Stripped, Kardon and probably others, I haven't checked them all. What is your theme and what is the problem you encounter?

philip wrote:

Plus the Community plugin dose not support users; authors, titles or descriptions for me this is important for SEO.

OK, that is the main problem, I agree.

What I can propose in a short delay is to add the author/title/description fields in the upload form and they will be used for all photos uploaded in the same set. Would that suit you?

philip wrote:

Help please..is it possible to add the old method upload a picture from previous version Piwigo 2.1.6   two  version 2.2.1

This is not possible, the user upload was completely removed from core, only Piwigo 2.1 has the Piwigo 2.1 user upload feature.

Offline

 

#3 2011-04-26 23:41:34

philip
Guest

Re: latest release 2.2.1

Hi plg

plg wrote:

Community is compatible with core themes (Sylvia, dark, clear), Simple*, Stripped, Kardon and probably others, I haven't checked them all. What is your theme and what is the problem you encounter?

Im using the default theme Sylvia

problem: the upload a picture seems OK in admin under add a picture..

but users don't see the browse button link its missing..and the multi upload link has button but it does not work.

I also have just noticed the stars are not showing under rating only numbers:
rate this photo  012345

plg wrote:

OK, that is the main problem, I agree.

What I can propose in a short delay is to add the author/title/description fields in the upload form and they will be used for all photos uploaded in the same set. Would that suit you?

If its poss yes PLEASE...

thank you for your time

-- philip

 

#4 2011-05-05 13:12:20

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13276

Re: latest release 2.2.1

philip wrote:

plg wrote:

What I can propose in a short delay is to add the author/title/description fields in the upload form and they will be used for all photos uploaded in the same set. Would that suit you?

If its poss yes PLEASE...

[Forum, post 121615 by plg in topic 17154] Community plugin, new generation for Piwigo 2.2+

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2019 · Contact