Announcement

#1 2011-06-05 01:03:44

NeilWeston
2011-06-05

[resolved] Changing "* Username" to "* Full Name" on Registration & Log-in Pages

Hi,

I am using Piwigo as a photo gallery for a Swimming Club that has young people as Members.

I am wanting to restrict the viewing of the gallery to close family and other club members. It is therefore important that I have the full name of the person wishing to register so that I can ascertain if they are members or their family

Despite me having very clear instructions on the page that leads to the registration page that their "Full Name" is required in the "Username" field, I have had only one person out of six who have tried to register entering their proper full name.

I have searched everywhere through the .php in my Piwigo installation to try to find where I can change it so that on the registration and log-in pages (and any others that may be appropriate), the label "* Full Name" appears rather than "* Username" but no luck.

Could you please lead me in the right direction as to how I can do this.

Thanks kindly

#2 2011-06-05 07:25:49

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: [resolved] Changing "* Username" to "* Full Name" on Registration & Log-in Pages

1) install/activate [extension by Piwigo Team] LocalFiles Editor from screen [Administration > Plugins > Manage]

2) open [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > language edit local file language and paste the following code:

<?php
$lang['Username'] = "Full Name";
?>

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-06-05 07:47:04

NeilWeston
2011-06-05

Re: [resolved] Changing "* Username" to "* Full Name" on Registration & Log-in Pages

Thanks heaps DD,

DONE! Works great.

;-)

#4 2011-06-05 07:50:37

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Can you pass topic to resolved, link in the first post ;-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

Board footer