Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » ploader not working under MAC OSX Lion

#1 2011-07-22 03:59:55

George

ploader not working under MAC OSX Lion

After i updated my mac to Lion ploader does  not start any more.

It just stops.

any body know about a way to get this working again?

#2 2011-07-22 13:28:40

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: ploader not working under MAC OSX Lion

Hi,

Bad news. P@t (Piwigo Team member) has upgraded to Lion today and he confirms pLoader doesn't start.

I don't think we'll make pLoader compatible with Mac OS X Lion. We have to find a solution to make upload photos to Piwigo easy from a Mac Desktop.

* an iPhoto export plugin would be great but I don't find many documentation on the web

* having a connector in a application like Courier would be a good thing, but I don't currently have the appropriate coding skills

#3 2011-07-22 23:36:10

George

this make things a lot more difficult.

I don't think without a tool like ploader it will make a lot of sense for me to keep using piwigo.
it just worked perfect and quick for my needs even a plugin for iPhoto or anything else will make my workflow take a lot more time.

A well i guess looking for a replacement for piwigo is the only option.

#4 2011-07-23 00:18:39

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I've discussed with guys of Courier today. Courier is a simple tool to send photos on various hosting service (like Flickr). It's a very simple tool, easy to install (much easier than pLoader). It's a not an iPhoto-like which manages your photos on your desktop, it just upload photos to any destination. I hope they will support Piwigo soon.

#5 2011-07-23 00:27:07

George

Could be something lets see if it will be in time for me.

It would have bin great if piwigo had a better upload option build in.

now i upload the picture in a category and then i need to go to the category to add the tags that way it takes like 10 longer then using ploader witch was extremely easy to use if you ask me.

#6 2011-07-23 00:43:11

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

1) upload your photos with the web upload on [Administration > Photos > Add] in your album "new album"

2) open screen [Administration > Albums > Manage] and click on the "manage album photos" button

3) switch to tab "Unit mode"

4) there you can manage tags for several photos at once and if you want to set the same tag for several photos at once, your can use the "global mode" tab

#7 2011-07-23 03:46:01

George

Sounds great but you have to admit that this takes like 100 longer then using ploader and is really inefficient

#8 2011-08-01 22:43:30

Scottish-Jon

Well, I have to agree with George. Piwigo is a great piece of software, it does exactly what I would expect and what I need from a photo gallery package. However, under Mac OS X, it needs pLoader in order to be fully functional... the in-built uploader suffers from comparitively reduced functions (regarding automatic resizing and thumbnail generation, for instance). Please. please find a way to get pLoader work under lion or achieve its functionality otherwise.

Thanks, for piwigo, a great piece of software engineering.

Jon

#9 2011-08-02 00:33:20

Scottish-Jon

Scottish-Jon wrote:

Well, I have to agree with George. Piwigo is a great piece of software, it does exactly what I would expect and what I need from a photo gallery package. However, under Mac OS X, it needs pLoader in order to be fully functional... the in-built uploader suffers from comparitively reduced functions (regarding automatic resizing and thumbnail generation, for instance). Please. please find a way to get pLoader work under lion or achieve its functionality otherwise.

Thanks, for piwigo, a great piece of software engineering.

... actually, after having tweaked the php.ini values (especially for maximum upload file size), I now find the in-built function quite satisfactory. Thumbnails seem OK as well. So, never mind, I'll stick with piwingo with or with out pLoader!

Thanks again, Jon

#10 2011-11-05 15:03:44

jp73
2011-11-05

I'm just installing piwigo for the 1st time to find that this Ploader doesn't work anymore under Mac Osx Lion

This should get fixed in order to make software like this user-friendly.

Mac OsX is not for the few anymore, more and more people are using Mac Osx !!

#11 2011-11-05 15:05:51

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

The web upload form works perfectly on MaOSX, it's just pLoader that is not compatible with Lion (and I'm afraid, no solution is currently planned)

#12 2012-01-18 20:00:17

keithmcd
2012-01-17

Is the source for pLoader for Mac available somewhere?  I don't have many skills on mac development but would love to give it a shot and try to get it to work.  From errors I see when starting pLoader from the Terminal it looks like it relies on a lot of perl.  It appears that the error may be related to Magick.bundle - which is difficult to find info about if that just needs updated...

Keith

#13 2012-01-18 20:44:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Thank you for your help Keith. Someone is already trying to make it work. I ask him if he needs your help :-)

#14 2012-01-18 21:27:09

keithmcd
2012-01-17

Great!  Thanks for the info and Happy Birthday!  :-)

#15 2012-06-14 23:51:46

Peyton

Any progress on this?

•  » Extensions
  •  » ploader not working under MAC OSX Lion

Board footer