Announcement

#1 2011-09-26 12:11:15

thomas1956
Translation Team
2010-12-29

Showing most recent photos from Piwigo gallery in Wordpress blog

Hi

I have experimented with PiwigoPress as a tool to get the most recent photos from my Piwigo gallery and display them in a widget on my Wordpress blog.

Out-of-the-box PiwigoPress can only show x number of RANDOM photos from the gallery.
I wonder if it's possible to change the plugin in some way to display x number of RECENT photos from the gallery?
Or - as the plugin PiwigoPress is a bit outdated - use the Piwigo API to get the most recent photos.
I think the documentation on the API on getting photos from the gallery is a bit thin. More samples would be nice.

If someone could give me a hint or an example to work on it would be VERY welcome.

/Thomas

PS After using several different gallery tools (Coppermine, Gallery etc.) I am very pleased with Piwigo. Keep up the good work!

#2 2011-09-26 13:16:17

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Showing most recent photos from Piwigo gallery in Wordpress blog

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-09-26 14:00:57

thomas1956
Translation Team
2010-12-29

Yes I have looked into PiwigoMedia and that's a nice plugin for sure.
BUT to my knowledge it's not dynamic. You use PiwigoMedia to insert photos from your gallery to your post/page in Wordpress.
What I am looking for is some code/plugin - just to show eg. the five most recent photos from my gallery. And when I add photos to my gallery the recent photos on my blog gets updated automatically

#4 2011-09-28 10:48:17

thomas1956
Translation Team
2010-12-29

Anyone have some guidance?

#5 2011-09-29 12:56:19

thomas1956
Translation Team
2010-12-29

OK I found the way (at least one of them) to change the sample Piwigo photos i my Wordpress blog widget from "random" to "recent" photos

If anyone is trying to accomplish the same:

In the plugin PiwigoPress edit "PiwigoPress_code.php"

About line no 47 change this line:

. $options . '&recursive=true&order=random&f_with_thumbnail=true');

To this

. $options . '&recursive=true&order=recent_pics&f_with_thumbnail=true');

Board footer