Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » [piwigo.com] In-Line Styles on Upload Page

#1 2012-01-16 22:36:59

canut
2012-01-16

[piwigo.com] In-Line Styles on Upload Page

Hi,

Great job on the revised upload plugin. However, any chance of moving those in-line styles to an external style sheet? I'd like to display the 'Photo Properties' fieldset by default, get rid of the header, and be able to selectively hide some of the text input fields (and labels). Currently, there's a nasty 'display: none' in-line directive for the fieldset, no id's for the input fields, and no label tag for the, well, labels. This is for a hosted gallery on piwigo.com, so I'm limited to style overwrites via 'LocalFiles Editor'.

Thanks & keep up the good work.

Mike

#2 2012-01-17 19:18:05

canut
2012-01-16

Re: [piwigo.com] In-Line Styles on Upload Page

Anyone?

#3 2012-01-17 21:08:34

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi canut,

So we're talking about the index.php?/add_photos page, added by the Community plugin.

We could have in the default CSS:

Code:

#photoProperties {display:none}

and you could have in your own CSS:

Code:

.showFieldset {display:none}
#photoProperties {display:block}

... but the problem is that we also have a <input type="checkbox" name="set_photo_properties"> that is checked by javascript when clicking on a#showPhotoProperties. And this checkbox is necessary for submitting the {name, author, description} fields. We would have to change the backend condition from:

Code:

if (isset($_POST['set_photo_properties']))
  {

to:

Code:

if (!empty($_POST['name']))
{
}

if (!empty($_POST['author']))
{
}

if (!empty($_POST['description']))
{
}

That's not a big deal, but we have to make the change (changing only the CSS is not enough).

Then please be more precise about what you want to hide in the "Photo properties" fieldset (so that I know how to reorganize the HTML, or propose a new HTML organization)

#4 2012-01-18 00:34:23

canut
2012-01-16

Hi plg,

Thank you for your response. The motivation behind my request is that the 'Photo Properties' fieldset provides a convenient way of attaching a real (read: full) name to each photo. I have up to a dozen users contributing to selected albums, and short of having them set up sub-albums, this is a straight-forward way of telling individual contributions apart.

However, it looks like some users get confused by the difference between 'Name' and 'Author', and batches end up with the author's name as the pic's title. So, what I would like to do is a.) hide the 'Set Photo Properties' switch and display the properties fieldset by default, and b.) hide the 'Name' label and input field. This all without access to the source code, so styles by id's (or class) is the way to go.

I didn't quite get the need for the checkbox input field before you explained it to me, and I am afraid that I have to agree that the source code change you mentioned will be required for this to work. If this won't be too much of a problem, I would very much appreciate if you gave it a go. Else, I'd be happy to just hide that input field ;-)

Bests, Mike

#5 2012-01-18 01:06:00

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

If I understand correctly, you want to keep only the Author+Description fields (and labels), right?

#6 2012-01-18 01:14:27

canut
2012-01-16

Correct. Although, I don't mind keeping the 'Name' field as long as I'm able to _hide_ it.

Happy birthday, by the way!

•  » Requests
  •  » [piwigo.com] In-Line Styles on Upload Page

Board footer