Hello Piwigo beta testers,
We're still on the 6-month release cycle, and it's time for version 2.4.0beta2. This version is for test only, so don't install it on your live website.
Here is the list of changes compared to Piwigo 2.4.0beta1:
* [Bugtracker, feature 2548, fixed] multisize improvement : includes ability to select size on index page, server side watermarking, compatility with upload form and remote uploaders such as iPhoto, Lightroom, Digikam or Shotwell
* [Bugtracker, feature 2561, fixed] redesign on album administration screen
* [Bugtracker, feature 2558, fixed] avoid unwanted lock gallery action
* [Bugtracker, feature 2549, fixed] Allow to disable comments for everybody
* [Bugtracker, feature 2559, fixed] minor redesign on configuration screens
* [Bugtracker, feature 1560, fixed] Add a configuration for thumbnails dimensions.
* [Bugtracker, feature 2514, fixed] improve prev/next navigation navigation on picture page
* [Bugtracker, feature 2517, fixed] ability to change username
* [Bugtracker, feature 2021, fixed] email notification on user creation
* [Bugtracker, feature 2550, fixed] replace Sort order label and select on index page
* [Bugtracker, bug 2553, fixed] menubar / register / forgot password on indentification page
* [Bugtracker, bug 2554, fixed] warning PHPWG_URL is not defined in page_tail.inc.php
* [Bugtracker, bug 2544, fixed] Embedded cssmin is imcompatible with font-face syntax
When registering a new user, Piwigo can send the connection settings by email.
Ability to change the username from the profile page.
The administration screen for an album has been redesigned for a simpler user interface. Actions such as photos sort order or permissions are dispatched in several tabs.
Multiple size : you can select the photo size to display on the index page.
On the main page, the selector for the photo sort order was redesigned into an icon + link box.
3) Start to beta test
Download Piwigo 2.4.0beta2
Please, try to open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter.
Piwigo 2.4.0RC1 will be released in one month, with new features. See planning details on [Forum, topic 18535] Piwigo 2.4 planning.
Happy 2.4 beta testing!
I have an issue with the link to download the Beta2.
it's ok now
When the Watermark feature is available in this next release will this be able to redo ALL watermarks like I could on Pixelpost or will it just be for new files?
I am dumping PixelPost due to the lack of support over the past year and your site was recommended by a couple of friends.
Great work guys, Thanks
When the Watermark feature is available you can aplly all photos news and old ;-)