Announcement

#1 2012-05-24 15:22:47

Martin Gora

How to recover my gallery?

I was trying to move my wife’s gallery from one URL to another on the same server, basically from  xxxx.com to xxxx.com/gallery. I guess it’s pretty safe, as I read on this forum that Piwigo is URL independent.
Because I did not want to download / upload all files again via FTP (few gigs of pictures), I’ve asked customer service technician at my hosting company (IX Web hosting – beware) to move it for me, as there is no shell access, just C-panel, and online file manager was crashing.
Unfortunately what that idiot did was dumping all the files and folders from previous location into xxxx.com/gallery without keeping directory structure. All dumped in one folder, it’s a mess. Don’t have to say gallery is not working but crashing…
I’ve located folder [2012] that seems to be containing pictures and thumbnails. It used to be in [upload] folder, now it’s in root directory of the gallery, but anyways. I was hoping that if I can save that folder (and possibly some others that I don’t know about yet), make fresh installation of Piwigo in desired destination, then I could somehow import my galleries with all the descriptions etc.

Can anyone guide me how to do it? Is it possible at all?
Or maybe there is better way?

BTW: I guess database itself is intact.

Board footer