Announcement

#1 2012-06-13 21:30:47

bclinton
2012-06-13

Adding Folders and nested folders to Piwigo

I think I already know the answer but I wanted to be sure. I have Piwigo all setup and am a former Gallery user. I am running WHS 2011 and have my photos on a P drive (about 60000) in various named folders and nested folders. I would like to be able to import that structure into Piwigo. From what I have read all of my photos have to be in the Gallery folder off the web server. That is not good for me because my C drive is 60 gigs and I would quickly run out of space. It looks like there may be a plug in that can do that but wanted to throw this out there in case I am making this harder than it needs to be.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#2 2012-06-14 22:56:07

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

Re: Adding Folders and nested folders to Piwigo

By coincidence a document was put on the Piwigo.org Docs page yesterday entitled "Piwigo Import Tree".
It can be found at http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … mport_tree
This script provides exactly what you need - the ability to add a folder and all its nested folders (tree).

plg wrote it for me to upload a Backup from Fotopic of Albums and Images in a nested tree structure and then improved it to include the Image Descriptions.  He is now refining it to also include Album Descriptions.

Once you have had a look, feel free to come back to me for any more infomation...

Tadjio

#3 2012-06-27 05:16:47

dan_s

This looks really good and is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for!

As a bug report, I get the following error when I try to upload to a site with a self-signed ssl certificate:

malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "LWP will support htt...") at ../../piwigo_import_tree.pl line 83.

Here are some details:
Command line:
perl ../../piwigo_import_tree.pl --base_url=https://photos.********.com/dan/piwigo --user=admin --password=<redacted> --directory=everything

Thanks again!

#4 2012-06-27 11:53:09

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

I got a similar error in my early tests, until I discovered I hadn't defined --base_url properly.
You say you get it when you try to upload to a site with a self-signed ssl certificate - have you tried an 'ordinarly' url?
I think it's over to the script author :->

Tadjio

Board footer