Announcement

#1 2012-09-05 13:27:12

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

[resolved] Update to Embedded_Video plugin failed

I just saw that there was an update to Embedded_Video, so I ran a full backup of the database and attempted to install the update.  I received the highly descriptive message that "An error has occurred" and when I looked at my plugin list, Embedded_Video was no longer listed as an active plugin. When I tried to view a video, nothing happened.  I tried to activate the plugin and got the following messages:

Code:

Warning: include_once(./plugins/gvideo/include/install.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/gschultz/GeoffSchultz/photos/plugins/Embedded_Videos/maintain.inc.php on line 4

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './plugins/gvideo/include/install.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:./includes:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/home/gschultz/tools/PEAR/PEAR') in /usr/www/users/gschultz/GeoffSchultz/photos/plugins/Embedded_Videos/maintain.inc.php on line 4

Fatal error: Call to undefined function gvideo_install() in /usr/www/users/gschultz/GeoffSchultz/photos/plugins/Embedded_Videos/maintain.inc.php on line 19

I then deleted the plugin and noted that the table piwigo_images_video disappeared.  I restored the entire database and re-installed Embedded Video.  At this point my video are playing, but Embedded_Videos is listed as both a Missing Plugin and as an Active Plugin.   When I look at the piwigo_plugins table I see:

Embedded_Videos/inactive/auto
gvideo/active/2.4.e

How do I get myself back to something more stable?

-- Geoff

Last edited by geoffschultz (2012-09-05 13:28:43)

#2 2012-09-05 18:16:06

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: [resolved] Update to Embedded_Video plugin failed

the download of the archive was incorrect and some files were missing

now about this:
Embedded_Videos/inactive/auto
gvideo/active/2.4.e

Embedded Videos is still Gvideo, that means it's id (and subfolder) is "gvideo" not "Embedded_Videos"

I think you made this wrong when manually update the plugin

so juste remove "Embedded_Videos/inactive/auto" from the database, should work

#3 2012-09-06 12:41:41

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

Re: [resolved] Update to Embedded_Video plugin failed

I deleted Embedded_Videos from piwigo_plugins and all seems to be OK.

Thanks, Geoff

Board footer