Announcement

#1 2012-12-28 11:25:41

davidlaker
2012-12-28

Problem with notifications / forgot password emails

My piwigo site can no longer send out emails of any sort, i.e. to reset a password or subscribe a user to notifications.

I believe this problem may have gone unnoticed for months as its rare i get a new user as its a private site for family only.  I attempted to update the site to the latest piwigo at the time and it failed making the site inoperable.  To fix the problem i remember installing a fresh copy of piwigo and copying some of the old contect across.  This seemed to fix the problem and i have been able to update to the latest version without problem ever since.

Depending upon what i am trying to do i either get:

Error when sending email to ******* [*******@hotmail.com].
User ******* [*******@hotmail.com] not added to the subscription list.
1 mail has not been sent.
1 user not updated.

or for a forgot password request

Error when sending email.

To fix the problem i thought about setting up smtp email using localfiles editior as some of the posts i found suggest but then i get the following message:

Warning: Unable to send e-mail. Error message reported by the SMTP server: "502 Command is locally disabled " in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/www/include/class_smtp_mail.inc.php on line 63

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/www/include/class_smtp_mail.inc.php:63) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/www/include/page_header.php on line 105

I'd prefer to use PHP mail as that worked without fault before.

Im running 2.4.6 on an xampp installation.

#2 2012-12-28 19:32:49

davidlaker
2012-12-28

Re: Problem with notifications / forgot password emails

I've tried a fresh install of piwigo and i still have the problem.

#3 2012-12-28 20:10:44

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
did you change anything to xamp?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2012-12-28 20:24:48

davidlaker
2012-12-28

There's not a great deal you can change in xampp other than run a script to set passwords for ftp etc, but this appears to be a xampp problem.  I cant remember changing anything since I 1st installed it.

Since its initial installation i have upgraded OSX.  Initially that caused a problem with apache starting but was fixed relatively quickly.

#5 2012-12-29 11:21:14

Behrad
2012-11-23

Hello, I had same problem  I solved it by deleting this " $headers = 'From: '.$args['from']."\n"; "  ( line 554) in this file " functions_mail.inc.php " and now every looks ok :)
Please take a look at this topic : http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17126

#6 2012-12-29 14:58:30

davidlaker
2012-12-28

Behrad wrote:

Hello, I had same problem  I solved it by deleting this " $headers = 'From: '.$args['from']."\n"; "  ( line 554) in this file " functions_mail.inc.php " and now every looks ok :)
Please take a look at this topic : http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17126

Tried this and it created further problems for me reverted back to the old version.

I have though got emails working with SMTP using localfiles editor.

// smtp configuration
// (work if fsockopen function is allowed for smtp port)
// smtp_host: smtp server host
//  if null, regular mail function is used
//   format: hoststring[:port]
//   exemple: smtp.pwg.net:21
// smtp_user/smtp_password: user & password for smtp identication
$conf['smtp_host'] = 'smtp.******.com:25';
$conf['smtp_user'] = '';
$conf['smtp_password'] = '';

user and password left blank as no authentication is required and ive not had to make changes to piwigo's config files.  When i have a login/password set i got the errors i posted earlier.

Board footer