Announcement

#1 2013-01-22 06:26:31

Donniebabes
2013-01-22

Using Piwigo causes my host to ban my IP for repeated access

Hello, 

In trying to get piwigo setup and tested, my IP address (for my local machine) gets banned by my webhost for repeated access in a short period of time.  I can maybe use it for 10-15 minutes then I can no longer access my site as a whole. 

I've searched the forums and have not found an instance like this.  I am working with a reseller so the information I have on my webhost is limited. 

I have one add-on installed that creates a password for albums.  I also have tried to change the name of the folder for piwigo to something else to see if that helped.  It did not. 

This is the best solution for the type of gallery I want but I can't get it setup completely or load pictures without crashing my site as a whole. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Don

#2 2013-01-22 11:41:49

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Using Piwigo causes my host to ban my IP for repeated access

Hello
we can't help you until you explain to us why exactly they "ban" you : you mean your IP of your own computer get banned? If yes it's absolutely not related to Piwigo, but to your host. What did you do exactly : doing ftp upload?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-01-22 19:12:03

Ralf
Dorsten-Lembeck
2012-05-08

Hi,

just a shot in the dark :

Have you installed the plugin 'AntiAspi' ?
I had the problem that the plugin bans my own IP...

Cheers
Ralf

There are only two kinds of music:
Rock and Roll

https://www.ralf-kerkhoff.de

#4 2013-01-23 01:19:43

Donniebabes
2013-01-22

Aloha,

My ip gets banned because of "repeated access and load of a pages within a 2 minute period." 

There is no specific thing I am doing but it happens when I am in the administration pages getting layout setup, or uploading files. 

I have built my website and had to reload the site multiple time and NOT been banned during that process but ONLY when i use piwigo does this occur.  I has happened 5 times since I started trying to get piwigo setup and tested. 

I do NOT reload the page. It is in the simple process of moving around the gallery.

Other people are not banned.  I believe it has something to do with the administration area. 

@Ralf thanks for the suggestion but I do not have that plugin installed.  The only plug in I have is Album Password Protect.

Please understand that I am not blaming or upset.  This photo gallery is by far the BEST and is a GREAT solution to what I need.  I just 1) Don't want to piss off my webhost by asking for the 100th time to unban my IP address and 2) really want this gallery to work. 

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for any help. 

Donald

#5 2013-01-23 07:11:11

Donniebabes
2013-01-22

Update:  I wanted to see if it was a localized problem just to me or if i could trigger it with others.  I managed to quickly upload 6 photos to an album in one shot and immediately logged off.  I asked a different user (who'd likely be an end customer) to try it out and they were almost banned immediately.

#6 2013-01-23 07:15:30

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Wow I've seen a lot of special and restrictive hosts, but it seems I haven't seen all the weirdest host of the world yet!

It's the Ajax loading which cause this : you can generate on your computer the resided pictures and reduce the number of size. Or you just can change of host and use a better one like 1&1, ovh etc... which don't restrict the "number of page view" : you can't building a serious website with host like yours

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#7 2013-01-23 21:14:50

Donniebabes
2013-01-22

Bummer.  The webhost says its a standard method to protected against attacks and website spamming.  Thanks for all the replies and I guess I'll have to find another option.  Sad because this gallery works great.

#8 2013-01-23 21:17:48

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Yeah yeah so standard #facepalm

#9 2013-01-23 23:32:49

pewe
2012-03-16

Donniebabes wrote:

Bummer.  The webhost says its a standard method to protected against attacks and website spamming.

Bummer is right - your host is a bummer.

If they were correct that it was a standard method then there are thousands of web sites on the internet which would not exist.

Seriously - I would change your host - they sound like the type who give any excuse to bamboozle people to try and get them to believe they know best.

Board footer