Dear Piwigo beta-testers,
We're two months late compared to the original 2.5 roadmap but here is the first release candidate for Piwigo 2.5. This version is for test only, don't install it on your live website.
For those who have followed the beta versions of the previous months, you already know what Piwigo 2.5 brings. For others, you can read previous announcements:
* announcement for 2.5.0beta1
* announcement for 2.5.0beta2
* announcement for 2.5.0beta3
Here follows the list of changes available in version 2.5.0RC1, compared to version 2.5.0beta3:
* [Bugtracker, feature 2831, fixed] Add a simple way to protect original urls
* [Bugtracker, feature 2425, fixed] Better group management interface
* [Bugtracker, feature 2833, fixed] [theme elegant] better looking icons
* [Bugtracker, feature 65, fixed] Add support for PHP mysqli extension (8 years old request, never stop hoping)
* [Bugtracker, feature 2835, fixed] ability detect mobile theme earlier, before plugin load
* [Bugtracker, feature 2834, fixed] move "up" icon before previous/next arrows
* [Bugtracker, feature 2684, fixed] add a loader image based on the theme config
* [Bugtracker, feature 2823, fixed] Add triggers for login system
* [Bugtracker, feature 2826, fixed] make PEM categories id configurable
* [Bugtracker, feature 2820, fixed] maxRequests (for ajax) as a config var
* [Bugtracker, feature 2798, fixed] ability to change default number of comments for the comments page
* [Bugtracker, feature 2772, fixed] remove "Home" from html title pages on index pages
* [Bugtracker, bug 2794, fixed] Virtual albums are displayed in physical albums list in synchronization tool
Piwigo gets an improved group manager. Just like the photo batch manager, you can apply an action to several groups at once. New action added "merge groups".
Better default icons for default theme Elegant. That's just the beginning, other icons must be improved too.
Since Piwigo 2.4, when displaying thumbnails, you can sometimes see that the thumbnail is not available because Piwigo has to generate it. With Piwigo 2.5, if the thumbnail is not available we display a default icon.
3) Start your tests
Test Piwigo 2.5 live demo or Download Piwigo 2.5.0RC1
Please, open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter.
If you can not install this test release, but you still want to test and help us stabilize Piwigo 2.5, we will provide you a "ready to use" test environment. Just ask.
Have a nice time while discovering Piwigo 2.5 new features!
The Piwigo Team