Announcement

#1 2013-10-17 12:41:51

Marv-in
2013-10-17

duplicate filename publish gives broken images

First, really like the app! Only thing stopping me from using it:

I have multiple different pictures that have the same filename.. two different iPhones.

Issue, first upload works great, second is broken. Manual or automated renaming is not an option.

Programming is not an issue for me, just need to know where to look and/or what the best solution would be if there isn't one already.

If you need more info just let me know and ill provide it!

#2 2013-10-17 13:06:41

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: duplicate filename publish gives broken images

Hi
did you use the Ftp+Synch way or...? because if you didn't, the files are renamed in order to avoid direct access, so same filename has never been an issue
Do you have a specific config about url? could we have a direct link?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-10-17 13:22:53

Marv-in
2013-10-17

Sorry, not going to grant direct access, this is easy to reproduce and off a clean install.

No, FTP is not an option for my users ... parents and wife. They use either Shotwell or the iPhone/Android app.

So, two people with different phones, same image name, you know IMG_001.jpg etc.

For Shotwell, photos from same brand camaras in different file paths that have the same name, different photos potentially taken years apart.

To reproduce with Shotwell:

1. setup file structure /tmp/test1/img.jpg and /tmp/test2/img.jpg (img.jpg are two different pics renamed)
2. import into Shotwell
3. publish to piwigo

First is fine, second is zero file size. The record makes it to the images table without a md5 or the correct path:

./upload/2013/10/16/20131016070738-.jpg

So, my thought is that it relies on the ori filename on import at some point.....

#4 2013-10-17 13:26:30

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

hum seems more like a Shotwell side issue.
could you test with a mobile app? and also could eliminate the file issue: did you reproduced with an other random picture?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2013-10-17 14:55:08

Marv-in
2013-10-17

I am having trouble using the android app from work. Will have to test that from home later.

I did test just adding via the web admin -> photos -> add and that does work. So, I would have to agree that it looks a Shotwell issue. Should have tried that first... only been using piwigo a few days now.

I went over to Shotwell and they dont have this listed in their bug tracker.. so I add it over there.

Also, reading more the the documentation I totally glanced over the import tree.... I think thats what I was also looking for!

Board footer