Hello eager beta-testers!
Piwigo 2.6 Beta 2 is now available for download and testing. This version is for test only, so don't install it on your live website.
Here is a "reduced" list of changes compared to Piwigo 2.6 Beta 1:
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2651, fixed] fallback language
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2920, fixed] change admin screen "pending comments" to "all comments"
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2848, fixed] Smarpocket (mobile theme) improvements (menubar, comments, search, tags)
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2965, fixed] use phpmailer to send emails (makes email notification more robust + support for SSL/TLS SMTP)
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2976, fixed] API methods for users and groups management
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2982, fixed] API: add high-level type check
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2855, fixed] New sub-album and permission inheritance from parent
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2968, fixed] Add link to "edit this album" when managing sub-albums
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2944, fixed] Performance issues when creating an album
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2931, fixed] photos sort order, "default" is meaningless
* [Bugtracker, ticket 2808, fixed] [Batch Manager] Predefined filter: My Favorites
You can find the complete list of changes on the bugtracker Change Log page.
SmartPocket, the mobile theme, gets many new features: a full menu, a dedicated page for the photos with photo details and user comments, search page, tags page and so on.
When you're managing sub-albums, we have added an "edit" link. Patch provided by msakik.
The comments manager is no longer only for pending comments, you can also see "all comments".
3) Start to beta test
Download Piwigo 2.6.0beta2
We need you to test this beta version. The more feedback we have, the more stable Piwigo 2.6 will be. Please, open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter. If you want a test environment, ask us and we will provide one!
Happy 2.6 beta testing!