Announcement

#1 2014-01-19 09:46:45

Subcan

(table id - 'userList') ..JSON data from server could not be parsed -

After upgrading to 2.6 I get the message:

DataTables warning (table id = 'userList'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error.

-----------------

As a result of this error, I am not able to manage my user list.

How can I fix this? I have Google searched and found responses to this problem, but due to the 'non-user' friendly layout of this engine, I cannot apply any of the fixes.

I only say "'non-user' friendly layout of this engine" because customization of this product is like learning a whole new programming language, without being given any documentation. There are so many things missing, such as admin approval for registration, image for header, nuCaptcha, etc... but this is a great tool to display photos. Beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for your help.

SUB

#2 2014-01-19 09:59:57

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: (table id - 'userList') ..JSON data from server could not be parsed -

With Mozilla Firefox and Firebug, in the Firebug console, can you tell us what is the error message?

If you don't know what Firefox/Firebug/Console is, can you send me a private message with the address of your Piwigo? Then I will register and you can give me administrator status so that I can see the User manager.

#3 2014-01-19 10:19:37

Subcan

Hey plg,

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is the error that firebug reports (I removed my directory structure from string):

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in <b>/home/misc directories/include/functions_plugins.inc.php</b> on line <b>255</b><br />

Thanks for any help you can provide,

SUB

#4 2014-01-19 11:49:42

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Hello

to solve this problem, please update my plugins

which ones do you use ?

#5 2014-01-21 03:09:33

Subcan

Thanks for your reply.

My plugs-ins state that they are all up to date.

I just regressed back to my backup of version 2.5.3 and all is working again.

I will test the new version later with a WAMP server

Thanks for your help.

#6 2014-01-23 02:53:02

kozmob
2012-01-14

I get the same error. plg, I'd be happy to sign you on if you can help look for a solution. Here's what I've done so far.

I’m having problems with the 2.6.0 upgrade. I upgraded from the tools/updates page.

The galleries look fine but the users database seems to be screwed up. I go to users/manage. I previously had registered users but see no users now. I get this error: “DataTables warning (table id=’userList’): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error.”

I deactivated and then updated all current plugins an eventually totally deleted all that were not compatible. All plugins are now shown as up to date.

I tried entering a new user who is already in the database and was not allowed because “this email is already in use.” I tried entering a new user with an unused email address. I get the message that the user was added but I also get the first DataTables error above again and still cannot see the users, even the newly added one.

I then went through the manual upgrade steps (as I understand them) at http://piwigo.org/basics/upgrade_manual. There was no change in the problem.

I performed “repair and optimize database.” I did “reinitialize integrity check,” No change from either.

#7 2014-01-23 08:42:51

Georgiev

I have same error too , on brand new installation, that I tried without any plugins there

#8 2014-01-23 08:55:55

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

#9 2014-01-23 10:04:28

kozmob
2012-01-14

thanks, plg. I just emailed you.

#10 2014-01-23 11:15:01

Georgiev

No error messages appear in console.
But Error 404 is given for "jquery-1.10.2.min.map" "/_data/combined"
Issue is regression since 2.6.0. RC2, because I used to play with it successfully prior release
Hope this helps.

#11 2014-01-23 16:19:43

kozmob
2012-01-14

plg, I see you registered because I received an email as admin but I cannot make you an admin because the "manage user" page still does not appear and I get the same message.

Thanks for taking a look. I am starting to research what to do next. I'm not familiar with the error message you got.

You say "Issue is regression since 2.6.0. RC2." Does that mean it is something before I upgraded?

You say "Error 404 is given for "jquery-1.10.2.min.map" "/_data/combined." Where do you see that error? I don't see it? I searched piwigo forum for that error and didn't find anything helpful.

Would a logical attempt be to clear the  /_data/combined. folder? What would I lose if I did that? Is there a way to manually preserve anything if I do that? Is there a way to check the integrity of those files?

ALternatively, could a source of the error be my data files? Since I reinstalled Piwigo, except the data files that were recommended to retain, could the error be in one of those data files? As mentioned before, I performed “repair and optimize database” and "reinitialize integrity check,” Neither showed a problem.

Sorry, lots of questions. I'm pretty naive on all this. I appreciate your help.
koizmob

#12 2014-01-23 16:31:26

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Hello

the fix for this error is [Subversion] r26846
or update to a recent version of PHP (at least 5.3)

what Georgiev (not plg) stated is not an error, has absolutely no impact and is not linked to the current problem (search "jquery min map" on Google for more info)

#13 2014-01-23 16:31:31

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

kozmob wrote:

Sorry, lots of questions. I'm pretty naive on all this

indeed

To set him as Admin, go to your database manager provided by your host -usually PhpMyAdmin- and then find the table "piwigo_user_infos" -if you set piwigo_ as the prefixe during the install- and then sort by "registration_date": the newest member should be Plg so click to edit that line, and set the status as "admin"

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#14 2014-01-23 17:16:09

kozmob
2012-01-14

thanks mistic100 and flop25. I've made plg an admin and will notify him/her

#15 2014-01-23 17:20:01

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe