Announcement

#1 2014-01-29 06:55:53

Ulzii
Ulaanbaatar
2013-04-17

Multiple size images deleted

Hello Team
Why already created multiple images are deleted after enabling and disabling watermark function? Why don't you just add warning message saying "If you enable/disable watermark function already created multiple size images will be deleted"? Because of this I've lost already  generated multi-size images. To generate these files I've spend many hours and lot of resources of hosting server. So now I need do it again. Imagine that I have around 5000 high quality pictures. Only to generate M size pictures I'll need several hours. And because of high resource usage hosting company could me bang out. I've already got warning message before when was generating files.
And finally what the purpose of that useless watermark function if someone downloads file it's not watermarked at all even the function enabled?

#2 2014-01-29 13:19:50

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

Re: Multiple size images deleted

First sorry for your webhoster troubles.
We could add the message, but I thought it's obvious that changing the watermark parameters require regeneration (regeneration is done only for sizes where the watermark changes. for example adding a watermark for min width 500px is not supposed to delete multiple size for thumbnails of 200px)

And finally what the purpose of that useless watermark function if someone downloads file it's not watermarked at all even the function enabled?

Why do you use it if it's useless ????!!!!

You can disable original download on a per user basis. With .htacces and conf tweaking you can make sure only authorized users can download the original image (even if they guess the url of the original image).

Board footer