Announcement

#1 2014-10-27 13:42:39

JAK
2013-07-07

Photo Created Date issue

Could someone please advise how to enter a photo created date when only a partial date is known or am I the only one who does not know the actual date a hundred year old photo was taken?

I have an old photo taken circa 1907. I wish to enter that detail in the created date, but how do I do that please? Piwigo versions prior to v2.6 allowed that, but not now? Can the validation be switched off to allow this please or is there some other work-around?

I also wish to point out that photos entered prior to v2.6 have had their Created Dates changed to an earlier month (where an actual date had been omitted.) The system that worked well before has seemingly been broken!

(I had previously mentioned this but apparently in the wrong thread so I hope this new entry will lead to getting this resolved. Thank you.)

Piwigo version: 2.7.1

#2 2014-10-30 12:45:55

JAK
2013-07-07

Re: Photo Created Date issue

This is getting me more and more frustrated. How can one EASILY enter the date 12th November 1923 please? (I don't want to take half an hour scrolling through dates galore!)
It wasn't broken, why fix it?

#3 2015-01-16 13:28:47

JAK
2013-07-07

Re: Photo Created Date issue

I'm pleased to see the new plug-in 'Manage Photo Properties' that allows a free form entry with which I've added a 'Created' field which overcomes the strict date-time requirement of standard 'Created On' field.
However, I wish to point out that the latest revision, Piwigo 2.7.3 is changing dates already entered via EXIF details. I have a photograph taken on 7 October 2014 and posted into Piwigo on 25th October but it is showing a Created date of 6th November 2014 i.e. after the picture was posted to the gallery! This clearly needs investigating. I hope all the date entries haven't become corrupted in the version update.
Also, a number of my older photos entered when Piwigo natively accepted a freeform date now show a created date in 1899. Given I am in some of them it might be embarrassing on occasion!It really is a bit of a nuisance to have to go back through hundreds of pictures and rationalize the entries yet again.
The date field worked well up to Piwigo 2.6 accurately picking up dates from Exif data and freely entered dates, the best of both worlds - now it doesn't do either.

Board footer