Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » A Joomla extension to display Piwigo galleries !!!

#1 2015-09-19 17:27:25

joel95
2015-09-19

A Joomla extension to display Piwigo galleries !!!

Hello,

You would like to display your photo gallery inside your Joomla website, but you don’t want to leave the Piwigo world, the best in class, free open source, photo manager system…
Take a look at SlideshowFx (**link dead**), a Joomla extension.

How does it work?
In a very simple way I would say.

Let say, you already have a Piwigo server somewhere in the cloud (we don’t care where your server is located, we just need to know its URL).
To display your photo inside Joomla, just install SlideshowFx extension, configure in SlideshowFx settings the Piwigo web-service url (usually http://your-piwigo-server.com/ws.php).
Then write [sfx api=”piwigo”] in a Joomla article. It is done, on Joomla front-end, your article displays your Piwigo gallery!

If you want to display only a single album, that even more simple, just write [sfx urm=”url-of-your-piwigo-album”] inside the article and check article from front-end.

To make thinks even more simple, you can use the « SlideshowFx Gallery » button on bottom of you article editor. Click on it will open a pop-up, select “Piwigo” as platform, select your album from the drop down list, click on “Insert Gallery” and save article.

SlideshowFx is not restricted to article, you can insert your album in as module, menu, Kunena post !
You can select on of the 7 display modes available (standard, title on top/left/right, compact, justified, slider…).
Here is a short demonstration of display modes:
**link dead**

SlideshowFx can be used as a simple content provider for WidgetKit.
Here is a demonstration:
**link dead**

In a few words, you can continue to manage your photo gallery with the powerful Piwigo system and let SlideshowFx manage the display inside your Joomla website.
Just take the best of both worlds :-)

SlideshowFx is not restricted to Piwigo. It works the same with Google+ Photo, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Yes I forget to say, SlideshowFx support videos (except with Facebook and Piwigo).
Here is a demonstration of differents platforms managed (click on Piwigo tab for a demo base on Piwigo demo):
**link dead**

English and French support are provided through my forum but documentation is only in English:
**link dead**

Feel free to send your feedback here or directly on my forum :
**link dead**

Enjoy SlideshowFx with OopsTouch.com!

Joël

#2 2016-01-05 01:05:55

HelloZen

Re: A Joomla extension to display Piwigo galleries !!!

The plugin is not free...

#3 2020-04-29 17:42:54

oldsvenska
2015-03-22

Re: A Joomla extension to display Piwigo galleries !!!

The links don't work and I was unable to find anything by that name among the Joomla extensions. Looking like this might be out of date.

Last edited by oldsvenska (2020-04-29 17:43:34)

•  » Extensions
  •  » A Joomla extension to display Piwigo galleries !!!

Board footer