Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » BOOTSTRAP DEFAULT THEME ERROR - Warning: Unexpected character in input

#1 2015-12-10 02:42:28

CIBERIATRIX

BOOTSTRAP DEFAULT THEME ERROR - Warning: Unexpected character in input

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have the latest version of Piwigo running well on a free testing server with the Bootstrap default theme installed. When I make a clean install of Piwigo on a paid host and try to switch to the Bootstrap default theme I get the following error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/u195645/domains/mypiwigogallery.com/public_html/themes/bootstrapdefault/themeconf.inc.php on line 21

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/u195645/domains/mypiwigogallery.com/public_html/themes/bootstrapdefault/themeconf.inc.php on line 21

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/u195645/domains/mypiwigogallery.com/public_html/themes/bootstrapdefault/themeconf.inc.php on line 21

The file paths are correct.

I was hoping to pass my working Piwigo gallery from the free localhost server to my paid server (I know how to do that), so I suspect that perhaps PHP version on the paid host is what is causing issues.

Any suggestions how to bypass/remove/avoid the above error?

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP: 5.4 & PHP V5.6
MySQL: 5.5.46
Piwigo URL: http:// LOCALHOST

#2 2016-01-14 08:21:07

philb
2014-07-22

Re: BOOTSTRAP DEFAULT THEME ERROR - Warning: Unexpected character in input

Hi,

This is at the namespace character:

Code:

$controller = new \BootstrapDefault\ThemeController();

You need a minimum of PHP 5.3 or it won't work.

#3 2016-08-09 06:13:27

L.A. Marr

I just activated PHP 5.4 and still have the same error. I'd really like to use a lightbox type theme.

#4 2016-08-26 04:03:34

Knothemyth
2016-08-14

CIBERIATRIX wrote:

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have the latest version of Piwigo running well on a free testing server with the Bootstrap default theme installed. When I make a clean install of Piwigo on a paid host and try to switch to the Bootstrap default theme I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/u195645/domains/mypiwigogallery.com/public_html/themes/bootstrapdefault/themeconf.inc.php on line 21

I was hoping to pass my working Piwigo gallery from the free localhost server to my paid server (I know how to do that), so I suspect that perhaps PHP version on the paid host is what is causing issues.

Hi,

I am getting the same error, can anyone help please?

#5 2016-08-28 12:06:50

philb
2014-07-22

Knothemyth wrote:

CIBERIATRIX wrote:

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

Hi,

I am getting the same error, can anyone help please?

The theme uses namespaces in PHP, so you need PHP 5.3 or higher to use it.

•  » Themes
  •  » BOOTSTRAP DEFAULT THEME ERROR - Warning: Unexpected character in input

Board footer