•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] Have bug fix for Manage Properties Photos plugin

#1 2016-01-03 20:22:48

pjgust
San Francisco Bay Area, U.S.A
2016-01-03

[Plugin] Have bug fix for Manage Properties Photos plugin

Hello,

This is my first post to the forum after installing Piwigo 2.7.4.

The Properties Plugin code completely rewrites the DL block with class "imageInfoTable" but it does not conditionalize the standard fields to respect the admin display options (e.g. Show Creation Date) as does the code in the 'picture.tpl' file.  I have added code to the plugin 'initpicture.php' to do this. I would like to contribute this back, rather than forking the plugin to avoid having my changes overwritten with the next revision.

I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know the best way to contribute the change back, or how to submit the change to plugin author (ddtddt) directly. There are also several enhancements I'd like to do work on the plugin to enable searching photo properties that I will also contribute back.

Thanks!
-- Philip Gust

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.4.16
MySQL version: 5.5.44-MariaDB
Piwigo URL: http://piwigo.org/forum/profile.php?id=22237

Last edited by pjgust (2016-01-03 21:15:51)

#2 2016-01-27 10:30:38

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: [Plugin] Have bug fix for Manage Properties Photos plugin

Hi :-)

sorry for delays

If you use SVN you can commit change on piwigo SVN

you can also send me change by e-mail

Have a nice day
ddtddt

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2016-01-27 18:19:29

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

pjgust wrote:

The Properties Plugin code completely rewrites the DL block with class "imageInfoTable" but it does not conditionalize the standard fields to respect the admin display options (e.g. Show Creation Date) [...]

Yes, but the plugin Manage Properties Photos has the "hide" option for each property. Isn't it better?

#4 2016-01-28 00:15:34

pjgust
San Francisco Bay Area, U.S.A
2016-01-03

I was trying to fix a problem I saw, where all standard photo properties were being displayed when rewritten by the plugin, even if they were disabled in the Configuration > Options > Display tab.

Apparently I was mistaken. When I revert locally to the previous version (13342), I no longer see this behavior. 

I apologize for the unnecessary checkin. If is alright, I can revert the file to the previous version.

--Philip Gust

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] Have bug fix for Manage Properties Photos plugin

Board footer