Announcement

•  » Miscellaneous
  •  » Translate album description and content to other languages

#1 2016-08-07 16:44:43

bkarlstrom
2016-07-29

Translate album description and content to other languages

Hello,

I appreciate the language select features in Piwigo but I would like to go one step further. My family members reside in three countries. I would really like to change the album names, descriptions as well as eventual detailed photo descriptions into the three languages I have made selectable on my site. May be tools for this already exists and I have not seen it?

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.5
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2016-08-07 20:04:46

JJF
2011-10-06

Re: Translate album description and content to other languages

Hi,
This won't do the translations for yo, but you can put in descriptions and other things in multiple languages. Then you can display only the default language or the language of your reader with the " Extended Descriptions" plugin.
I use this together with with the "FCK editor plugin"  and the " Manage Properties Photos"  plugins. The help link that appears in the "additional Properties" tab of individual photos gives good examples on how to use the language features.
Regards,
JJF

#3 2016-08-08 07:03:04

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Translate album description and content to other languages

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

•  » Miscellaneous
  •  » Translate album description and content to other languages

Board footer