Announcement

#1 2016-08-31 09:58:14

Piet56
2016-08-31

Large gallery

Hello Piwigo users,

First I wanted to say that I think the piwigo software is amazing. I have done some testing with it and the ease of use and features are amazing. I discovered Piwigo on my search for software to build a large gallery from which users can download large quantities of photos with ease.

The plan is to make a gallery with over 20.000 pictures in it. Users should be able to make a selection (sometimes very large) out of these photo's with the search option. For instance all photo's of a certain kind (10.000 photos). And download them in a zip file in the dimensions they prefer. The most demanding of these kind of jobs wil be large amount of photos (thousands) in a large format (4000X6000 high quality jpeg).

I'm aware this is quite a hard thing to do. But I was wondering if something like this would be possible with Piwigo. If so, what kind of minimum server specifications should I aim for? Can this be accomplished on a VPS, or should i opt for a dedicated server?

I hope someone will be able to answer these question, thanks in advance!

Kind regard,
Piet56

#2 2016-09-05 16:23:38

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Large gallery

Hello,
If Pierrick was here -the founder- he would say that Piwigo reveals his true nature on large gallery
Piwigo can handle massive database. The bottleneck is the server which will be required to:
-perform the resizing
-handle the zips
As I always say, the best is to try out with different CMS and server(s) paid per month (usually you have another job and so won't test all day long, so a month is reasonable period)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer