Announcement

#1 2016-12-29 21:22:00

gregkoss
2016-12-29

Plugin Failure - Preload & Automatic Size

Hi,

I've been using Piwigo on my ReadyNAS for a while and it's been terrific.  The Preload and Automatic Size plugins make for an exceptional experience with limited bandwidth connections like cell networks.

I just updated to the version below from the previous one.  Now the thumbnails for an album load incredibly slowly and I get the error on the attached screen shot when browsing the pictures within the album on an Android tablet or phone.  On a PC using Chrome the error doesn't appear but the caching seems to be absent given the slow performance, even when using local bandwidth.

I tried to Deactivate and Activate the plugins booting the ReadyNAS in between each state change.  I used both sequences P -> AS and AS -> P which didn't make any difference.  And all plugins are up to date.

Thanks for taking a look and let me know if I can provide any other details.

Suggestion - The caching is so important to user experience it would be great if it was part of the main product.  Both for the thumbnails for albums and the pictures themselves once you enter an album.   

Given that disk space is cheap and plentiful now, you could consider generating all the sizes beforehand and storing them to reduce processing time.

Much Appreciated,
-G

Piwigo version
Piwigo 2.8.4
Environment
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.6.24-0+deb8u1.netgear1 (Show info) [2016-12-29 12:11:28]
MySQL: 5.5.49-0+deb7u1 [2016-12-29 12:11:28]
Graphics Library: GD 2.1.1-dev
Database
17525 photos (first photo added on Thursday 30 June 2016)
164 albums included 0 physical and 164 virtual (17525 associations)
0 tags (0 associations)
4 users
0 groups
0 comments
30 rates
Piwigo URL: http://dump.gregkoss.com:8088

Board footer