Announcement

•  » Miscellaneous
  •  » Can users be setup to be limited administrators for their own albums?

#1 2017-01-16 23:21:13

chris_s
2017-01-16

Can users be setup to be limited administrators for their own albums?

I've been using and testing Piwigo now for awhile and have recently updated to the latest version but am still unable to figure this issue out. Is it possible to allow users some restricted administrator rights for their own galleries? If yes, how is it accomplished? Perhaps there are instructions somewhere but I am not able to find them...or perhaps I am misunderstanding those that I have found.

A reply of some sort would be helpful, either pointing me in the right direction or letting me know this is not possible without programming skills...or whatever! Or perhaps I should be posting this question elsewhere in the Forum section.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have recently installed Piwigo (last week) and am trying to set it up to allow family members to upload photos for private viewing by other family members distributed world-wide.

Using  a combination of settings in the Community and UserAdvManager, as well as the User -> Manage and Groups settings, I have been able to set up the site for the following:

Albums are private to registered users;
Family/user must register to enter or use the site;
Site admin (myself) has to confirm each registrant, who is then sent an automatic email notification;
A user album, based on their user-name, is set up automatically upon confirmed registration while the Site admin (myself) then creates a permission in Community plugin to allow user to create their own sub-albums under their main album name and subsequently upload photos (perhaps videos as well but I haven't tried that yet) - almost a multi-user site

My question: Is there a way to grant each individual user the admin rights for their own album?

I tried changing users to admins in User -> Manage section but that gave the user full admin rights for the site. I also tried a variety of other combined settings that were unsuccessful. I have reviewed the forums but was not successful in finding a similar setup.

Thanks for your assistance!

Piwigo version: 2.8.5
PHP version: 5.3.29
MySQL version: 5.6.32
Piwigo URL: http://

Last edited by chris_s (2017-10-13 17:05:11)

#2 2017-12-10 15:43:34

klinion
2017-12-10

Re: Can users be setup to be limited administrators for their own albums?

Have the same question as you Chris and I've searched the forum, etc. Looks like Multiuse is the answer but I've no idea if this is achieved using multiuse. I assume it would be,
Ken

#3 2017-12-10 17:25:46

chris_s
2017-01-16

Hi Ken,

I remember looking at a Multisite install (like Piwigo.com) but it seemed to me that each user would then have their own instance of Piwigo and have to be their own Administrator, indicating that each person would have to setup, administer and learn to use Piwigo.

However, I could be wrong about that....I haven't heard from anyone more knowledgeable about it as yet and its been almost a year since my original question.

Piwigo seems to be an excellent photo gallery (I've used another in the past and looked at various other options, some of which are no longer supported or maintained...including paid ones). I have it installed and am looking at it for a single user/contributor site.

Hope it works out for you.

Chris

#4 2017-12-10 17:43:26

klinion
2017-12-10

Hiya Chris,
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll give it a try (multisite) sometime,
Ken

#5 2018-01-03 12:02:37

mwerle
2016-04-26

This is really (IMHO) the biggest lacking feature of Piwigo as of right now - the inability for users to be able to properly manage their own albums and sub-albums.

Users should be able to add/remove/edit their own photos, create/delete/move their own albums, etc, etc.

•  » Miscellaneous
  •  » Can users be setup to be limited administrators for their own albums?

Board footer