Announcement

#1 2017-02-17 00:57:45

abrogard
2017-02-15

TimeZone Warning and Syntax Error creating new album

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I'm just trying to install my first piwigo instance on win10, IIS.

I get these errors:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Australia/Adelaide' for '10.5/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\piwigo\piwigo\include\common.inc.php on line 134

I have no idea what to do about that.

When I ignore it and try to make an new album in order to get some pics I get this:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 2 column 1 of the JSON data

Can anyone help with that?

And a question:  is piwigo going to want all pics to be in the piwigo directory?

I was hoping piwigo would handle numerous different directories, at least say three, because I have thousands of pics distributed across my hard drives - useless to me to have to move them all into a piwigo directory under inetpub/wwwroot/

Just useless.

Can anyone help with any of that?

Piwigo version:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2017-02-17 09:19:28

wp180
2017-02-17

Re: TimeZone Warning and Syntax Error creating new album

Hi.

The easiest way to solve it, is to open /include/common.inc.php and then insert
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin');
after <?php.

Note from the Piwigo team
DO NOT CHANGE A CORE FILE
the timezone issue has been answered many times since 2012
solution 1-> [Forum, post 115421 by plg in topic 16354] Errors
solution 2-> [Forum, post 136114 by flop25 in topic 16354] Errors
[Forum, topic 26099] TIMEZONE error.............
[Forum, topic 26431] PHP Warnings by install
so do not follow the advice from wp180

Europe/Berlin of course is for me because im from Germany. A list with timezones is here: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Regards, wp180

#3 2017-02-17 21:19:50

abrogard
2017-02-15

Thank you for that.  It fixed it alright.

But how about my question regarding the structure of piwigo?

It wants all your photos in one sub directory of piwigo?

I think so.

I can see that would be fine for  a commercial web host - giving one root directory for every person that buys space on the server.

Everything that person has is under that root directory.  For all their uploaded photos to be under a directory under there is fine, it is just the same.

But I am looking at letting certain people  (family) look at my whole machine, notionally (not actually of course) and browse my photo directories wherever they exist - across three external drives and three internal drives.

I found a thing called Single_File_PHP_Gallery  that does what I want.  Only in a fairly basic sense - Piwigo would be better with all its features if it would work this way - but that's good enough for now.

Much better than just a directory listing.  The user gets expandable thumbnails, even a slideshow.  It's a bit slow but maybe anything would be, they are quite large photos (hi def).

All I have to do is put that one php file in each directory I want.  Job done.

#4 2017-02-17 21:39:28

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

abrogard wrote:

Thank you for that.  It fixed it alright.

But how about my question regarding the structure of piwigo?

It wants all your photos in one sub directory of piwigo?

I think so.

I can see that would be fine for  a commercial web host - giving one root directory for every person that buys space on the server.

Everything that person has is under that root directory.  For all their uploaded photos to be under a directory under there is fine, it is just the same.

But I am looking at letting certain people  (family) look at my whole machine, notionally (not actually of course) and browse my photo directories wherever they exist - across three external drives and three internal drives.

I found a thing called Single_File_PHP_Gallery  that does what I want.  Only in a fairly basic sense - Piwigo would be better with all its features if it would work this way - but that's good enough for now.

Much better than just a directory listing.  The user gets expandable thumbnails, even a slideshow.  It's a bit slow but maybe anything would be, they are quite large photos (hi def).

All I have to do is put that one php file in each directory I want.  Job done.

If your intent is to use the synchronization method under the 'galleries' directory and would like to source from different locations/drives/etc. you could look in to symbolic linking.  I do this across devices without issue.  This solves the problem from what I understand your issue to be.

I also see options under administration->tools->site manager, there is the ability to add another directory for synchronization.  I have not used this myself, so maybe someone better versed in this could chime in.

* NOTE * You should probably start another topic as this issue/question is unrelated to the the TZ Warnings.

Last edited by jnashpiwigo (2017-02-17 21:45:17)

#5 2017-02-18 00:22:48

abrogard
2017-02-15

thank, will do.

Board footer