Announcement

#1 2017-05-06 21:46:38

extorn
2017-04-23

Unable to upload files from digikam to piwigo

Hi,

I'm unable to upload images etc from digikam to piwigo. It logs in successfully and I can see and select the albums, but when I click upload, I get an "warning" message in digikam piwigo export - "Failed to upload media into remote piwigo. Failed to upload photo
Do you want to continue?" This occurs for each and every file I attempt to upload.

I have a number of plugins installed, but I doubt any are causing the issue.
I have changed a number of file permissions within my nginx site configuration file after installing piwigo_privacy and I suspect I've blocked something that is required for the upload plugin in digikam to function.

I'd love to debug the issue, but there doesn't seem to be any errors logged by any of the piwigo php files. This must be because the errors are being sunk rather than reported, but I can't seem to switch them on.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me towards the issue given the admittedly limited information I've got, or tell me how to configure the system so as the error whatever it is is being logged somewhere to be examined.

Many thanks.

Webserver: nginx.
Piwigo version: 2.9.0
PHP version: 7.0.15
MySQL version: Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.22-MariaDB
Piwigo URL: internal

Last edited by extorn (2017-05-06 21:47:03)

#2 2017-05-07 00:28:01

anyUser55354
2017-05-07

Re: Unable to upload files from digikam to piwigo

You might check
journalctl -xe on the computer you are uploading the photos from.  I had a similar problem initially, and found some errors in my log.

Also, on your server, you should look to see check your log files.  That would be in your apache/nginx config.  You should be able to adjust your log output, I changed mine to debug.  You can also set up your php logging in your php.ini files.  I have everything going to a single error log.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but it is also very easy to use digikam to export the photos you want to a folder on your computer, then rsync those folders to the server, and then sync it.  I know that doesn't address your question, but you need to up your log files.

Last edited by anyUser55354 (2017-05-07 00:38:01)

#3 2017-05-11 08:33:38

extorn
2017-04-23

Re: Unable to upload files from digikam to piwigo

Thanks for your suggestion. I didn't see anything in the journalctl when I looked (well, relevant to this anyway). However, I've not heard of this before so thanks very much for highlighting it's existence to me.

Having had this working before, I tried setting it up from scratch again and noticed that the user credentials I'd given it were not an administrator. This meant the user could see albums, but had no permission to alter them.

From this experience, I'd like to suggest that error handling and reporting could be improved in this plugin. Just stating that the file upload failed without giving any reason returned by the piwigo api isn't very helpful to the end user. I'll add an enhancement request.

Board footer