Announcement

#1 2017-06-12 16:35:41

leducjjr
2017-06-12

Performance and tips with multi-terabyte photo gallery?

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with galleries exceeding multiple terabytes of photos?  If so, how's the performance, and have you any suggestions to provide?

I've created a shiny new installation of Piwigo and it works well.  So well in fact that my sister is keen on sharing family photos.  Yay!

She's an avid photographer and has in excess of 3 terabytes of photos to share.  I thought I was a heavy user with over 5 gigs, haha.

Before I unleash her on my site (complete with FTP upload access) I'd like to know what to expect and how I can tune or upgrade my server on Bluehost to accommodate this load.

She'll never be able to upload everything using the web-based file upload page, so I'll need to give her access to FTP her contributions to the Piwigo physical galleries area.  However I've noticed the sync process is hanging with a timeout issue with just my measly 5+ gb set on the physical gallery area (that's a separate beast to chase). 

Any suggestions on IF/HOW to use Piwigo with this total gallery size are most welcome please!

BTW, kudos to the development team.  Although I've multiple gigs of photos in my gallery, the database only takes up 1.27 mb.  Outstanding.

Many thanks in advance
John

Piwigo version: 2.9
PHP version: 5.6
MySQL version: 5.6.32-78.1-log - Percona Server (GPL), Release 78.1, Revision 8bb53b6, Protocol version: 10
Piwigo URL: (private family website)

Last edited by leducjjr (2017-06-12 16:37:00)

#2 2017-06-13 23:48:03

leducjjr
2017-06-12

Re: Performance and tips with multi-terabyte photo gallery?

I found this in the Piwigo docs and will give this a go this week.  Will update on how well it works for a mid-sized album.

http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … mport_tree

Board footer