Announcement

#1 2017-07-08 22:02:29

Arild
2017-07-05

'Fatal error: Uncaught Error:' when creating new user

Hi,

first of all i would like to thank the piwigo-team (and others) for creating this nice piece of software. My linux skills are very limited but i managed to setup a piwigo gallery as a docker in Unraid. I do, however, have a problem related (i think) to the 'phpmailer'. I searched other topics adressing similar problems but with no succes. The problem is that idon't know where to start, where to look. As i said, i'm by far an expert in linux. Myqsl, PHP, ... it's new to me. That being said, here's the problem:

When a new user is created they get this error:

Code:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_alnum() in /config/www/gallery/include/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:1456 Stack trace: #0 /config/www/gallery/include/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php(1485): PHPMailer::isShellSafe('adminmail@gm...') #1 /config/www/gallery/include/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php(1337): PHPMailer->mailSend('Date: Sat, 8 Ju...', 'This is a multi...') #2 /config/www/gallery/include/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php(1213): PHPMailer->postSend() #3 /config/www/gallery/include/functions_mail.inc.php(913): PHPMailer->send() #4 /config/www/gallery/include/functions_mail.inc.php(473): pwg_mail(Array, Array, Array) #5 /config/www/gallery/include/functions_mail.inc.php(413): pwg_mail_admins(Array, Array) #6 /config/www/gallery/include/functions_user.inc.php(244): pwg_mail_notification_admins('Registratie van...', 'Gebruiker: kare...') #7 /config/www/gallery/register.php(69): register_user('karen', 'karen', 'useremail...', true, Array, false) #8 {main} thrown in /config/www/gallery/include/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php on line 1456

I suppose the error is located at line 1456 of that file?

The file: (last line is line 1465)

Code:

// All other characters have a special meaning in at least one common shell, including = and +.
            // Full stop (.) has a special meaning in cmd.exe, but its impact should be negligible here.
            // Note that this does permit non-Latin alphanumeric characters based on the current locale.
            if (!ctype_alnum($c) && strpos('@_-.', $c) === false) {
                return false;
            }
        }

return true;
    }

/**
     * Send mail using the PHP mail() function.

Piwigo 2.9.1
PHP: 7.1.5
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.2.6-MariaDB
Piwigo URL: ippower.zapto.org:84

#2 2017-07-11 00:53:54

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: 'Fatal error: Uncaught Error:' when creating new user

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer