Announcement

#1 2017-12-09 20:38:24

jstarek
2017-12-09

How can Piwigo be configured as a closed-group, multi-user system?

Hi all,

I am a bit lost with the various access control mechanisms in Piwigo. I would like to ask about a suggested config regarding user groups, user stati, albums (virtual and file system based) and album access configuration.

My goal / use case: Set up a site that

- does not show any content to non-logged-in visitors
- allows album creation to normal logged-in users
- allows image upload to normal logged-in users
- hides all administrative tasks from those normal users

I am already running the community plugin, but it does not seem to allow album creation to users.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I hardly found anything about this in the wiki...

Cheers

Jürgen

System information:

Piwigo 2.9.2
Betriebssystem: Linux
PHP: 5.6.32-nmm1 (Info anzeigen) [2017-12-09 20:33:03]
MySQL: 5.7.20-nmm1-log [2017-12-09 20:33:03]
Grafikbibliothek: ImageMagick 6.8.9-9

#2 2017-12-10 22:11:43

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: How can Piwigo be configured as a closed-group, multi-user system?

Hello
well you named it
if that doesn't allow the album creation, you won't be able to achieve your last point

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2017-12-13 14:59:08

jstarek
2017-12-09

Hi,

sorry for the delay. Well, I was hoping to get some suggestions for other plugins or configuration options that would make it possible to actually use Piwigo in such a way; just because one plugin only does part of what would be required doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible... Or are you saying that you are *certain* that there is no way to configure Piwigo for my use case?

Cheers

Jürgen

#4 2018-01-02 02:20:57

mwerle
2016-04-26

The general Piwigo configuration should allow you to make all albums "private". Add all your users to a group, and give that group access to all albums. This way only logged-in users can see pictures.

Then the "Community" plugin should allow you to specify users and/or groups with the rights to create albums and upload images. It's configured via the Admin panel.

One oddity I encountered was that creating a rule for "any registered user" allowed anyone to create sub-albums inside the shared "Community" album, but not inside their own albums, so I had to create an additional rules to allow each user to also create sub-albums and upload into their own albums.

Board footer