Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

#1 2018-01-07 15:09:56

Garfield42
2017-12-02

Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

Hello

I migrated more or less successfully form Gallery2 to Piwigo. I use the theme Simple Grey and now discovered, that newly made album descriptions are showed in the parent album overview by default, as described here in the blog.
Now, I would like to have album descriptions when viewing the album (where the thumbnails are), but not showing the album descriptions in the parental album.

Example:
Gallery/album_animals/album_cats/thumnails of images --> should show the album description
Gallery/album_animals/thumbnail of album "cats" --> should not show the album description of "cats"

Is it possible to change the default? If so, in which file do I need to change this?

Piwigo version: 2.9.2
PHP version: 7.0.2
MySQL version: 5.6.36

Thank you very much in advance!

#2 2018-01-14 21:41:13

Garfield42
2017-12-02

Re: Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

I don't understand much of coding, but I think what I'm looking for must be called "description" or "album description" with the options "left" and "bottom". So I looked thorugh the files of the theme "simple grey" that made sense to me, but only menubar_categories.tpl had the term "description" in it, but the code seems not fitting got what I'm looking for.

I also tried to use the plugin "Extended Description", but it changed nothing.
I'm sure, the plugin "Local Files Editor" would help me, but only when I know, in which file I have to change what exactly.

Anyone has an idea, in which file I have to look or for what code?

Or maybe, the theme could officially be changed to the option "none" for the description?

#3 2018-01-29 20:43:08

Garfield42
2017-12-02

I tried again and found part of the code, that should be responsible for what I would like to change. So I added my own code:

<select name="albumDisplay" style="min-width:150px;">         
<option value="column">description is displayed under the album thumbnail</option>         
<option value="line">description is displayed next to the album thumbnail</option>
<option value="none" selected="selected">description is not displayed</option>
</select>

Would work "none" for this or should it be "false"?

And now I should save this code somewhere with the plugin LocalFilesEditor, but which one is the correct file? It's not css and I couldn't find the existing part of the code in one of the files.
Do I need to make my own file? If so, do I need to refer to the original file? How do I know, which one is the original file?

#4 2018-02-01 22:42:49

Garfield42
2017-12-02

I found the file:

gallery/themes/simple/admin/admin.tpl

Part of the file, where I added my own line:

<select name="albumDisplay" style="min-width:150px;">
              <option value="column" {if ($options.albumDisplay=="column")}selected="selected"{/if}>{'under the album thumbnail'|@translate}</option>
              <option value="line" {if ($options.albumDisplay=="line")}selected="selected"{/if}>{'next to the album thumbnail'|@translate}</option>
              <option value="none" {if ($options.albumDisplay=="none")}selected="selected"{/if}>{'not next to the album thumbnail'|@translate}</option>
           </select>

According to www.w3schools.com, "none" is used for " Element will not be displayed".
I now do have 3 options in the admin panel, but my own option doesn't change anything.

Does anyone have an idea, what I'm doing wrong?

#5 2018-02-01 23:06:04

executive
2017-08-16

What did you mean here:

Garfield42 wrote:

I now do have 3 options in the admin panel, but my own option doesn't change anything.

Can you post a link to your gallery so we can see?

#6 2018-02-02 22:41:15

Garfield42
2017-12-02

executive wrote:

What did you mean here:

Garfield42 wrote:

Can you post a link to your gallery so we can see?

See my first print screen, that's in the admin panel in the options of theme "simple grey". The third is my new option (not translated), but it doesn't work.

The two other print screens are what I would like to have in the end.

Here's the link to my gallery: https://www.carusoworld.ch/gallery/inde … category/2

Last edited by Garfield42 (2018-02-02 22:43:40)

#7 2018-02-02 23:13:37

executive
2017-08-16

When I go to your gallery, it looks likes the albums "Schmetterlinge" and "Strauchratten" are behaving like you wanted (no description in overview). How come "'Kaninchen" is different?

#8 2018-02-05 13:34:37

Garfield42
2017-12-02

I used the "Menalto to Piwigo" Plugin. After transfering the gallery to Piwigo, there was no description, like the albums "Schmetterlinge" and "Strauchratten". That was the behaviour of Gallery2.
But I edited the description of the album "Kaninchen", since then it has the normal behaviour of Piwigo, showing the description.

Last edited by Garfield42 (2018-02-07 18:58:32)

#9 2018-03-05 21:12:51

Garfield42
2017-12-02

Meanwhile my boyfriend learned a little php at work and he found the file:
gallery/themes/simple/template/mainpage_categories.tpl

There delete following part:
{if not empty($cat.DESCRIPTION)}   
<p class="thumbCatDesc">{$cat.DESCRIPTION}</p> 
{/if}

•  » Extensions
  •  » Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

Board footer