Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » req. allow move file to differnt dir without from the program & rename

#1 2004-12-12 03:54:46

hakrz1
2004-12-12

req. allow move file to differnt dir without from the program & rename

i would like it if you could move a file around

lets say i upload(via ftp) file test.jpg to gallerys/testdir/ i make the thumbnail and put all the info for the picture in like author , comments . alternative name , date..etc

but later down the road i want to move test.jpg to gallerys/testdir2/ if i do this from ftp i would loose all the info i typed in (or if i wanted to rename the file to another name)

so i would think it would be great! feature if you could do all this from the program move & rename files and still preserve the file description that took so long to type in

since i sort my files by filename sometimes i have to change the filename around to get them in a certain order this is time consuming to reinput all the image info again 

thanks and great program

#2 2004-12-12 10:20:56

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: req. allow move file to differnt dir without from the program & rename

I think about it, but wouldn't it be a better solution to have a virtual category, display the element in this category and make the storage category private ?

Moving files is perfectly possible, but I'm pretty sure it is not the work of PhpWebGallery.

#3 2004-12-12 10:32:26

hakrz1
2004-12-12

Re: req. allow move file to differnt dir without from the program & rename

virtual category is good but renaming the filename would still mess everything up

so i guess having  PhpWebGallery rename the file would be more of the top priority then moving it

:)

•  » Extensions
  •  » req. allow move file to differnt dir without from the program & rename

Board footer