Announcement

#1 2018-04-02 07:57:34

honken
2018-02-26

All albums occasionally disappear - user cache problem?

Hi!

I have somewhat larger Piwigo site with 12K images and videos, imported from Menalto a few months back. Occasionally and especially of browsing the site on a browser while also uploading new images from the IOS app I seem to get what I suspect is a user cache issue, where the entire site disappears. If you go to the main page you just get a completely empty view with the menu on the left and so on, but no albums are visible. Restarting browsers or logging in and out does not seem to make any difference, but going into Maintenance and then selecting "purge user cache" immediately fixes it and everything works again. No data disappears, it's just not visible it seems before I do this. It's not very consistent, seems to happen a bit randomly but still quite frequently (as in several times a day if using actively). I've looked in the PHP error log and there's nothing there hinting at any problems, but maybe I need to switch on debug logging to see anything useful?

Piwigo version: 2.9.3
PHP version: 7.0.27-0+deb9u1
MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1

#2 2018-04-03 14:40:06

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: All albums occasionally disappear - user cache problem?

Hi honken,

I have already seen that very same issue from time to time, when someone is adding photos and someone else is opening the gallery. It must be a matter of concurrent user cache building.

You should not need to purge user cache, just reload the page.

Board footer