Announcement

#1 2018-04-08 03:46:55

extrememarine
2017-10-17

Piwigo home page will not load after domain user change

Hello,

Short version - will reinstalling the Piwigo files into a file folder that has an existing version (that is not working/loading) over write the existing pictures stored there?

Long version - I have two piwigo galleries installed on my domain - www.attacktheroad.com.  In trouble shooting some shared server memory limit issues between a couple other websites, my host suggested creating and moving the domains to separate domain users.  So I did this; I created a new user and moved the entire www.attacktheroad.com domain to it. 

After the move (the host moved all the folders / files to the new user), one of the Piwigo galleries worked fine, the other one (www.attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier) would not load at all - I get a 500 error.

The first help ticket with the host resulted in them saying the issue was because the domain was on php 7.0, and they moved the domain back to php 5.6 and told me it was fixed. 

I went to the page, it loaded; when I attempted to log in, I get this error message:
Warning: include(/home/wayree2/attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier/include/smarty/libs/plugins/modifier.replace.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/atradmin/attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier/_data/templates_c/ljbwkp^1d85c23a4711c45222e4c9b3e0f490900e886dc1.file.mainpage_categories.tpl.php on line 33

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/wayree2/attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier/include/smarty/libs/plugins/modifier.replace.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/atradmin/attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier/_data/templates_c/ljbwkp^1d85c23a4711c45222e4c9b3e0f490900e886dc1.file.mainpage_categories.tpl.php on line 33

If I re-install all the piwigo files to the www.attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier folder on my host, will it "see" all the existing pictures that exist currently in the /upload folder? 

I am not very educated on editing php files, so my thought was to re-install the program, but only if it will see the exiting picture files.

Thanks in advance!

(Here your message)

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.6
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://www.attacktheroad.com/fjrfarrier

#2 2018-04-08 08:59:40

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Piwigo home page will not load after domain user change

The only way for a file to be overwritten, is if you try copy another file with the exact same name to it.

Whenever performing a potentially destructive operation, the logical precaution is to backup first.

Last edited by executive (2018-04-08 09:09:11)

#3 2018-04-24 15:17:06

extrememarine
2017-10-17

Re: Piwigo home page will not load after domain user change

Resolved.

My host suggested doing a manual upgrade, which I did by following instructions here, and my gallery is back to functioning as normal.

No explanation from the host on how the files became corrupt in the domain user change.

Wayne

Board footer