Announcement

#1 2018-04-22 09:00:04

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Printing an album just on a printer...

Hello Piwigans / Piwigians / Piwigi?

So I have everything tweaked to the latest version, and the Bootstrap Dark theme. I have what should be a simple question, but I don't see it in any of the forums.

I want to to print an album.

Or save it as PDF. I tried in FireFox, and it will recognize the album description, and the first page of photos. But when it gets to page 2, it just gives me the footer.

So, no problem, I tried PrintFriendly., thought I would generate it there. Same deal. Page 1 worth, then nothing. Almost like it is treating it as a dynamic page where the first section is fine (description), second section is photos and it shows it like it is one really long image (or cell like in Word), and instead of wrapping to the next page, it just skips to section 3.

Then I went to Edge, no joy in Mudville. Or other print tools online. None of them will give me more than the first section. If it is going off dynamic creation, sure, that makes sense, but even the first load is more than the ones it is showing me.

Would it help to switch to a simpler theme?  I don't see any mention anywhere on the site or the forum or plugins or themes, etc.

PolyWogg

#2 2018-04-22 09:12:05

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Re: Printing an album just on a printer...

So apparently the theme DOES matter...I switched to Clear, forced it to load the whole album in Thumbnail mode, then told it to print. It showed me the whole album this time.

Board footer