Announcement

#1 2019-02-23 03:24:32

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Write Metadata and videos

I'm finally getting around to writing my Piwigo metadata back into my images IPTC fields with [extension by plg] Write Metadata. I'm planning on doing this via the Batch Manager/caddie.

I've noticed, however, that the plugin attempts to write metadata to non-image (i.e., video) files. This results in it basically creating a copy of the video which is subsequently removed, with no changes to the original. I've filed an issue ([Github] Piwigo-write_metadata issue #11) on the plugin requesting it ignore videos, but in the meantime I'm trying to figure out how to exclude videos via batch manager filters.

I'm basically adding an entire album at a time to the caddie and then using the "write metadata" action to update the photos' IPTC fields with the tags (keywords), etc. from Piwigo. I want to remove the videos from the caddie so I don't waste time trying to write metadata to the videos. Any suggestions?

Piwigo 2.9.4
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.2.10-0ubuntu1
MySQL: 5.7.25-0ubuntu0.18.10.2
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-8

#2 2019-02-23 03:51:06

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: Write Metadata and videos

Might have come up with a solution ... after adding all my files to the caddie, I used the "Search" filter to find "*.mp4" and then removed those files from the caddie. Then reset the filters and what remains is just the photos. Then I can kick off the write metadata action.

Board footer