Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Menalto2Piwigo import nested albums and questions

#1 2019-04-15 19:11:21

jfindley
2019-04-15

Menalto2Piwigo import nested albums and questions

Hi,

Thanks for all the work on this project.

I am finally being forced to migrate off my old Gallery install.

I installed Piwigo and then used the Meanlto2Piwigo extension to get all my text from the old Gallery db.

I have three specific questions:

1. Is there a way to replicate/copy the nested albums I had in Gallery?

2. Once I do a Synchronize and then import the Gallery db I see that *all* the Gallery photos get imported. Specifically *.thumb and *.sized. Should I just be recursively removing these prior to Synchronize and db import?

3. My Sychronize is timing out and looks like it completed but then the Gallery db info was not applied correctly. I started over and only copied on album as a proof of concept and it worked fine. Is there some upper limit to how much data Synchronize can run? Or should I be looking for some specific error?  I can break the albums up into groups and run Synchronize in batches if that works. I have 253 albums containing 23,418 photos. That includes *.thumb and *.sized mentioned above.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

JF

#2 2019-04-15 21:48:56

jfindley
2019-04-15

Re: Menalto2Piwigo import nested albums and questions

Hi all,

I did some additional testing and can add the following:

If I import an album that was a child in Gallery then the Menalto2Piwigo extension does not import the titles and descriptions from the Gallery db.

If I move that album in Gallery to be in the root of Gallery and then import it the extension works as desired.

Can anyone verify this? And is there a work around or will I need to move all my albums first?

I answered my own questions on #2 and #3:

#2 - just remove *.thumb.*, *.sized.*, *.dat, *.bak, and *.lock. I left *.highlight.* as those became the correct highlighted photo. I'll test with removing that and see if it gets the correct highlight from the db.

#3 - by doing #2 above it sped up Synchronize dramatically. So I can do these in batches. This is a non-issue.

Thanks again for any help.

JF

•  » Extensions
  •  » Menalto2Piwigo import nested albums and questions

Board footer