Announcement

#1 2009-02-21 09:01:42

stevecherry
DailyFrame
US - California
2007-09-28

RESOLVED [see last] - thumbnails in IE8 all bunched up and overlapping

Hi - I could not find a duplicate of this discussion so here goes:

I just upgraded to 2.0, and now everything seems to be doing well in Firefox, but I noticed in Internet Explorer 8 that when I click on a category of images, I get a page of overlapping thumbs all on top of each other.

I know IE has some issues here and there, but I am wondering if I have some setting messed up.  When you click on the link below, be sure to drill down to one of the specific categories. 

Link:  http://dailyframe.com/gallery/

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best regards,
Steve Cherry

Last edited by stevecherry (2009-02-27 18:12:23)

#2 2009-02-21 09:08:45

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: RESOLVED [see last] - thumbnails in IE8 all bunched up and overlapping

Thank you for this return.

Can you make us screenshots of the problem with IE8.

Did you modify files?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2009-02-21 17:03:29

stevecherry
DailyFrame
US - California
2007-09-28

OK - Here are 2 screenshots in IE8.  One is for the thumb overlap issue.

The other is a shot of the login to this forum - when I click on "Login" it briefly flashes the input boxes for user/pass and then they go away completely.  I took a screenshot of what it looks like after they go away.

Last edited by stevecherry (2009-02-21 17:55:31)

#4 2009-02-21 17:54:51

stevecherry
DailyFrame
US - California
2007-09-28

Hello - One more thought here that I recall from the upgrade:

I backed up my local include/config file and include/mysql file per the instructions, however I could not get the upgrade (or anything else for that matter) to execute when I replaced the old config file back into the new include folder.  I had to use the config file from the new 2.0 package to get the upgrade to work.

From the instructions, I was under the impression that once I uploaded the new 2.0 package to the server, that I should then put those two backed up files back in to the include folder, so I am not sure if I did something wrong there.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this - the new theme looks really nice.

I am also experimenting with the Ploader for the first time.

Steve C

#5 2009-02-22 00:27:05

stevecherry
DailyFrame
US - California
2007-09-28

Here is one more screenshot - this time in IE 7 which seems to have the same issues.

This issue happens in both standard 1024x768 and my larger widescreen 16:9 format 19" screen

Last edited by stevecherry (2009-02-22 00:31:18)

#6 2009-02-27 18:18:47

stevecherry
DailyFrame
US - California
2007-09-28

Hi all - I found that this was a pretty simple error.  When I backed up files, I tried to use the old backed up "layout.css file", but it seems the new version requires the full name "default-layout.css"  Not sure how I got that messed up, but I did.

Once I reverted to the default-layout.css file provided in the new installation package, my problems seemed to go away.

So - Unless you have seriously mod'd your old default-layout.css you should just go with the fresh new one provided in the 2.0 package.

Developers - feel free to correct or edit my posts here because I hope this will help and not lead astray ;0)

Thanks for such an elegant design!

Steve Cherry
www.stevencherry.com

#7 2009-02-27 19:37:48

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

stevecherry wrote:

Hi all - I found that this was a pretty simple error.  When I backed up files, I tried to use the old backed up "layout.css file", but it seems the new version requires the full name "default-layout.css"  Not sure how I got that messed up, but I did.

Once I reverted to the default-layout.css file provided in the new installation package, my problems seemed to go away.

So - Unless you have seriously mod'd your old default-layout.css you should just go with the fresh new one provided in the 2.0 package.

Developers - feel free to correct or edit my posts here because I hope this will help and not lead astray ;0)

Never change a default file.
Create or change the local file: now, LocalFiles Editor plugin is here to help you.
Local files need to have only your updates (Overrides only).

stevecherry wrote:

Thanks for such an elegant design!

Steve Cherry
www.stevencherry.com

Thanks. Direct to Stripy who has created this concept.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#8 2009-03-28 01:06:28

freelimiter
2009-03-27

Hi there, I'm having the same issue, the images are outside the boxes. (see attachment)
This is a fresh install of Piwigo and updated to 2.0.1 just today
I haven't done a lot of customization except adding more image information as described in 
   [Forum, topic 10334] more information
and it is working fine.

Hopefully it didn't affect it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Board footer