Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » phpBB 3.0.4 with Piwigo 2.0.1

#1 2009-05-06 11:59:29

ZakRhino
2005-01-02

phpBB 3.0.4 with Piwigo 2.0.1

Is there a version of a plugin that is coming out that will allow a bridge between phpBB 3.0.4 and Piwigo 2.0.1? I seen there are older bridges but not sure if they will work with the current versions of the programs. Thanks for any feedback.

#2 2009-05-06 13:07:23

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: phpBB 3.0.4 with Piwigo 2.0.1

Hi.

At this time, the plugin to bridge PhpBB to Piwigo is not available. The old ones would not work on actual Piwigo version.

If i've free time enough, i'll probably try to code a new release of NBC_LinkUser2PhpBB or Register_PhpBB. But you've to be patient ;-)

#3 2009-05-06 23:02:24

ZakRhino
2005-01-02

Eric wrote:

Hi.

At this time, the plugin to bridge PhpBB to Piwigo is not available. The old ones would not work on actual Piwigo version.

If i've free time enough, i'll probably try to code a new release of NBC_LinkUser2PhpBB or Register_PhpBB. But you've to be patient ;-)

Great! Thanks very much. :)

#4 2009-05-15 23:07:10

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi ZakRhino !

Some news of linking PhpBB with Piwigo :

I've worked hard to code a "Register_PhpBB" plugin this last days. I first had to "try" this forum and understand how it works (my preference is for Pun / FluxBB). And since the 2.x version that I knew, many developments have taken place.

The development of the plugin seemed on track until I am confronted with the new password encryption system used by PhpBB. This system is completely different from that used by Piwigo and, above all, inconsistent. I can not get co-inhabit the passwords hashing algorithms of the two scripts.

What is unfortunate is that the basic functions work much correctly (replication accounts from Piwigo to PhpBB, adding and deleting accounts, updating accounts). The accounts created under Piwigo are replicated in PhpBB but the password to access PhpBB is always invalid.

[if someone knows the PhpBB code better like me]
I tried to use the hash code of phpBB (phpbb/include/functions.php) in the plugin to insert a correct password in the table #_user phpBB. But it does not work. The hash is generated and inserted into the table but does not match with the password typed in the registration. A simple MD5 hash is not recognized.

I can not (want not) make an include() of phpBB file functions.php in my code. The various forums on PhpBB helpers not offer any solutions to make a link between passwords PhpBB and third party applications.

I continue to seek a solution but it may be quite compromised. In addition, the safety of phpbb3 is much greater than in the past, the use of a plugin like Register_FuxBB would impose to abandon security checks PhpBB registrations such as captcha, passwords rules (minimum length, hardness ,...), etc ...

#5 2009-05-24 04:53:58

SmokyBlue
2009-05-24

eric,

im glad that you at least tried with a intergration/bridge.. i am looking for something like this to intergrate with smf.. (http://www.simplemachines.org) and i am not in any rush.. would like to try myself, but not enough time yet,maybe in a few weeks.. Can I look you up for some help with it? would really appreciate it..

Smoky

#6 2009-05-24 18:51:37

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

SmokyBlue wrote:

im glad that you at least tried with a intergration/bridge.. i am looking for something like this to intergrate with smf.. (http://www.simplemachines.org) and i am not in any rush.. would like to try myself, but not enough time yet,maybe in a few weeks.. Can I look you up for some help with it? would really appreciate it..

Hi SmokyBlue.

This topic is for bridge PhpBB forum with Piwigo. It could be nice and usefull for other forum visitors that you open a new topic for bridge SMF with Piwigo.

Even, if I don't know how SMF forum works. If you want to create yourself a plugin to bridge this forum with Piwigo, you're welcome ! If I (or other team member) could help you to do this it'll be with pleasure.

#7 2010-05-10 10:10:37

soulrebel

Hi there,

are there any news about integration/bridging piwigo (latest version) and phpbb3. I did not found any satisfying solution. I found something in french here, but I dont speek french. If anyone can help it would be nice.

#8 2010-05-10 21:19:51

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

soulrebel wrote:

Hi there,

are there any news about integration/bridging piwigo (latest version) and phpbb3. I did not found any satisfying solution. I found something in french here, but I dont speek french. If anyone can help it would be nice.

Here is a summary of the french topic:
There is a possibility to use another users table that default Piwigo's one. But, by doing this, you'ld loose the users already registered on your gallery. Take a look in your config_default.inc.php file. You'll find these lines:

Code:

// users_table: which table is the reference for users? Can be a different
// table than PhpWebGallery table
//
// If you decide to use another table than the default one, you need to
// prepare your database by deleting some datas :
//
// delete from phpwebgallery_user_access;
// delete from phpwebgallery_user_cache;
// delete from phpwebgallery_user_feed;
// delete from phpwebgallery_user_group;
// delete from phpwebgallery_user_infos;
// delete from phpwebgallery_sessions;
// delete from phpwebgallery_rate;
// update phpwebgallery_images set average_rate = NULL;
// delete from phpwebgallery_caddie;
// delete from phpwebgallery_favorites;
//
// All informations contained in these tables and column are related to
// phpwebgallery_users table.
$conf['users_table'] = $prefixeTable.'users';

// user_fields : mapping between generic field names and table specific
// field names. For example, in PWG, the mail address is names
// "mail_address" and in punbb, it's called "email".
$conf['user_fields'] = array(
  'id' => 'id',
  'username' => 'username',
  'password' => 'password',
  'email' => 'mail_address'
  );

// pass_convert : function to crypt or hash the clear user password to store
// it in the database
$conf['pass_convert'] = create_function('$s', 'return md5($s);');

// guest_id : id of the anonymous user
$conf['guest_id'] = 2;

// webmaster_id : webmaster'id.
$conf['webmaster_id'] = 1;

Copy and past them in your config_local.inc.php file and try to change the identification table and mapping according with your forum's users table.

About a plugin to bridge PhpBB forum to Piwigo: In this case, each script retains its users table. Unfortunately, I am not able to recode the plugin now.

#9 2013-04-06 15:18:51

kalotina

Hi there!!!

I install "Register phpbb" plugin. When i try to follow the first step i take this message:

Warning:  [mysql error 1146] Table '*******_piwig73.phpbb_users' doesn't exist

SELECT username, user_id
FROM phpbb_users
WHERE user_id = 2
; in /home/*******/*******/*******/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 813

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /home/***my website**/**my forum*****/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 160

Can help me?

#10 2013-04-06 16:06:05

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

kalotina wrote:

Hi there!!!

Please see my request here : http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 85#p141985

•  » Extensions
  •  » phpBB 3.0.4 with Piwigo 2.0.1

Board footer