Announcement

#1 2009-07-22 02:33:29

barricademan
Member
2007-09-03
10

Comment reply

Does any know of a plug-in that will allow you to reply to a posted comment?

Offline

 

#2 2009-07-22 08:23:51

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04
17680

Re: Comment reply

Please, create it.
If possible based it on a forum or a blog with api/webservices to record comments and replies.


Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

Offline

 

#3 2009-07-22 09:02:27

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13180

Re: Comment reply

VDigital wrote:

Please, create it.

??? I didn't remember that Piwigo was a tool for developers only :-)

VDigital wrote:

If possible based it on a forum or a blog with api/webservices to record comments and replies.

And please, barricademan, have a computer science degree with 10+ years of experience ;-D

barricademan, can you give more details on your need. What would be the difference between "a reply to a comment" and "a new comment"?


Latest blog post (November 9th 2018) Why Flickr could not remain free for ever

Offline

 

#4 2009-07-22 09:26:09

barricademan
Member
2007-09-03
10

Re: Comment reply

plg wrote:

VDigital wrote:

Please, create it.

??? I didn't remember that Piwigo was a tool for developers only :-)

VDigital wrote:

If possible based it on a forum or a blog with api/webservices to record comments and replies.

And please, barricademan, have a computer science degree with 10+ years of experience ;-D

barricademan, can you give more details on your need. What would be the difference between "a reply to a comment" and "a new comment"?

Sorry if I was a little vague and didn't explain in detail. What I would basically like to do is to reply to a comment that a user left on my site. Currently I receive notifications through email when a user posts a comment. The only way to reply is through an email client. I was thinking that if I were able to reply to the comment and have my reply shown directly under their comment I wouldn't have to email the user a reply.

Also, an auto reply email would be sent to the user notifying them of a response. Kind of how I am replying to you right now. If this were possible, then maybe there could also be a purge option implemented. I'm not trying to turn piwigo into a form but the option for this would certainly be popular with allot of users.

As far as the  "computer science degree with 10+ years of experience", I'll leave that to the pro's. Now I feel a little inferior. :(

Offline

 

#5 2009-07-22 10:05:11

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04
17680

Re: Comment reply

barricademan wrote:

As far as the  "computer science degree with 10+ years of experience", I'll leave that to the pro's. Now I feel a little inferior. :(

Mike, You're right, but you aren't a beginner anymore, I am sure you have enough experience now. ;-)


Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2019 · Contact