•  » Extensions
  •  » pLoader for Windows, prepare and upload photos from your computer

#31 2009-07-06 01:01:02

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: pLoader for Windows, prepare and upload photos from your computer

The biggest new feature in pLoader 2.0.3a is the support of tags. Now pLoader can create and add tags to your photos.

#32 2009-07-19 10:20:49

Nikola79
2009-07-18

I have a problem that starts pLoader in Windows XP. when I dubleclick pLoader does not open. All I have to be installed, but nothing is happening? pLoader is not running. Is there a possibility that something is blocking it, because in the task manager to see go proccess pLoader.exe and immediately goes out, please for assistance if someone has similar problems. Thanks

#33 2009-07-19 22:34:24

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hello Nikola79,

Nikola79 wrote:

Is there a possibility that something is blocking it

pLoader connects to your Piwigo installation, maybe you have a firewall (Windows embedded firewall) that prevents pLoader to connect (but in my opinion, it should raise a problem when clicking on the "connect" button, not before).

#34 2009-07-20 14:16:06

Nikola79
2009-07-18

I turned off all firewall options, simply can not be run pLoader I do not know why? The program simply will not start, immediately goes out, maybe it blocked a Trojan, I do not know, now I scan the computer, not showing any of that.

#35 2009-07-20 23:46:18

Penguin
2009-07-20

Hi there, just signed up for the forums to post this. Found and installed Piwigo yesterday and loving the possibilities.

To the point, I'm having the same issues as Nikola is having. However, I was able to get it to work...once.

First attempt, error. Second attempt, error.  Both times was told that all images uploaded, but nothing on the site. The third attempt worked like a charm. Since then the connection screen pops up, click the connect button...it just dies. Watched it in the task manager for lack of better ideas. Yep, it's gone.

The only firewall I'm running is the free version of zone alarm. I removed pLoader from the permissions and when I attempted again, I got the popup asking what to do from ZA, as usual. I gave it permission to access the net, of course. Nothing changed. Odd thing I did notice, on the zone alarm program control, there's two instances of pLoader.exe, with different icons. Only one of which actually requested permission to access anything vital but only one instance of pLoader.exe was noticed on the task manager.

Just my two cents. Wonderful program, I hope this hiccup can be worked through.

Oh, and just as Nik, I'm using windows xp as well.

#36 2009-07-25 14:38:04

Bjørn

I can't install ploader for windows. When I try to open the zip file for the latest version an error message pops up saying that the zip file is damaged. I have downloaded the zip file several times, with no luck. Maybe someone could give me an alternative download link?

Bjørn

#37 2009-07-25 15:16:28

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Private mail sent.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#38 2009-07-25 16:37:20

Bjørn

Hi. How difficult would it be to implement a manual roation of images in pLoader? I would really like that feature

#39 2009-07-25 17:06:07

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Bjørn wrote:

Hi. How difficult would it be to implement a manual roation of images in pLoader? I would really like that feature

Not really difficult. But in my opinion, we have to wonder if it's not an "image manipulation" feature, and this is not the purpose of pLoader. The idea of pLoader is more a "remote administration for Piwigo" than a "Picasa with export for Piwigo feature". As a user, what's your opinion about this?

#40 2009-07-25 23:01:53

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

kaska wrote:

Is there a manual for ploader?

Yes :-) we have one for "gettint started" with Piwigo.com, and it mainly describes installation/use of pLoader : http://www.piwigo.com/help/getting_started

Most parts of this guide will be integrated into Piwigo.org documentation. But right now, you can already read it on http://www.piwigo.com

#41 2009-07-28 22:16:18

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

For Windows Vista users, the path to pLoader cache is : C:\Documents and Settings\<user login>\AppData\Local\.pLoader

#42 2009-08-19 00:51:28

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I just came back from holidays, I made my biggest upload today with pLoader on client side and piwigo.com on server side: 233 photos resized and uploaded with success :-) (in a single action), it took 1020 seconds (17 minutes).

#43 2009-09-02 23:56:47

John Mann

Well, decided to give Piwigo a try, as it looks very nice, yet simple enough to not be so bloated like some of the other gallery type packages out there.  But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get pLoader to connect.

I'm running Vista Home 64bit.  UAC is off.  Application is not firewalled.  Server is local, but neither public or private domain names, IP addresses, nor 'localhost' will connect pLoader to my installation.  I have tried with and without trailing slash, with and without 'http://', and so on.  I have checked and retyped the address, user, and password over and over.  I have created a user and given them permission to upload.  All I get is a dialog box saying: "Piwigo login error.  Connection to http://<snip>/images failed."

Does pLoader use a port other than :80 to connect to Piwigo?  Or maybe a setting somewhere in Piwigo to allow pLoader to connect? (I've combed all admin interface options as well as the conf file, but nothing)

#44 2009-09-03 00:12:32

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

John Mann, I think you have done things the correct way. If you want to check once more, read Piwigo.com Getting Started guide which is mainly about "how to use pLoader".

I think there is a problem with pLoader on your system OR on Piwigo on your system. You wrote you had Piwigo installed on localhost. What is your webserver? Did you try to install it on a remote webserver? Does it work better?

PS: you should register on Piwigo forum, this way you can subscribe to a topic and receive email notification when a post is added.

#45 2009-10-01 15:40:59

Liam

I'm currently setting up a Piwigo server on our intranet to manage our photo library but while testing it out I found a problem, a couple of photos are being read, resized and uploaded fine but no entries are being made in the database to include them in the gallery. This is despite the report coming back saying there are no errors, any ideas what's going wrong?

•  » Extensions
  •  » pLoader for Windows, prepare and upload photos from your computer

Board footer