•  » WordPress and Piwigo living together

#16 2009-11-22 09:28:14

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: WordPress and Piwigo living together

Coming steps on PiwigoPress are:

- Media-upload in post will offer a select on public categories (before year-end)
- Media-upload with Piwigo connection = select on private pictures (but no link to picture will be provide because WordPress guest won't have access to private Piwigo categories. (Q1 2010 if possible).

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#17 2009-11-23 21:52:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

VDigital wrote:

- Media-upload in post will offer a select on public categories (before year-end)

It sounds really nice! A gigantic step in the Piwigo/WordPress integration!

#18 2009-12-01 11:36:29

barrento
2009-12-01

HI, I installed Piwigo and love it. Congrats to the team. But I cant integrated with wp as I want it :(
My WP site http://www.barrento.com/magazine and Piwigo http://www.barrento.com/magazine/photos/index.php?
My question is: how can I put my header in top and footer at the bottom of Piwigo galleries? Is there an easy way? I know a bit of html and css, but nothing about php... can you help me please? Thanks

#19 2009-12-01 13:04:16

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

barrento wrote:

HI, I installed Piwigo and love it. Congrats to the team. But I cant integrated with wp as I want it :(
My WP site http://www.barrento.com/magazine and Piwigo http://www.barrento.com/magazine/photos/index.php?
My question is: how can I put my header in top and footer at the bottom of Piwigo galleries? Is there an easy way? I know a bit of html and css, but nothing about php... can you help me please? Thanks

in the Wiki

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#20 2009-12-02 00:20:46

barrento
2009-12-01

I try way 1 and 2 and what I get is:

"Fatal error: Smarty error: [in header.tpl line 84]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'PAGE_BANNER' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590) in /home/barrento/public_html/magazine/photos/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1093"

I am stuck...can you help me please? Thanks

#21 2009-12-02 06:48:40

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

What did you put in your banner ?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#22 2009-12-02 07:42:17

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

barrento,

Please open another topic.
Your header pb is not linked to the plg's initial discussion .
Many thanks in advance.

;-)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#23 2009-12-02 10:05:50

barrento
2009-12-01

I solved when I upload header.tpl again....but still dont know how to do it :(
I think I only could put a banner and a navigation, right? Not the exact php header of my site (http://barrento.com/magazine)?  If yes, so a should make a banner like my header I put in there on header.tpl - am I correct this time?

VDigital,
do you still want me to open another topic?

#24 2009-12-21 04:56:55

stephenxanders
2009-12-04

mathiasm wrote:

grum, ideally you will also need a Wordpress plugin to integrate some features. I don't imagine Wordpress webmasters coding Piwigo Webservices fluently.
That's why Pierrick asked for an expression of desires &  needs .

:-) Ofcourse this couldn't be made possible..

#25 2010-01-08 18:12:31

ShadowDancer

Today I found Piwigo through my provider and I'm really glad about it :-)
I use wordpress und would highly appreciate if you could create an "easy to use" plugin for wordpress installation like "Nextgen-gallery".
I love the functions and the appearance of piwigo from the first sight and it would be wonderful if I could use it in my wordpress installation.
I really hope you find a good solution. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!! :-)

#26 2010-01-08 20:00:18

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

VDigital wrote:

Coming steps on PiwigoPress are:

- Media-upload with Piwigo connection = select on private pictures (but no link to picture will be provide because WordPress guest won't have access to private Piwigo categories. (Q1 2010 if possible).

All is currently stop to refresh my mind with something else.
By mid-February I will restart on PiwigoPress.

If you want more features... please describe them as much as possible.
;-)

8-)

#27 2010-10-31 00:47:30

Sugar888
Translation Team
Zurich
2009-11-29

Hello,

I think it would be important to reconsider the integration of a common log-in between WP and Piwigo. Most of the Viewer of a gallery are too lazy to subscribe. Consider it more problematic if they register in WP and after this, if they want to watch more pictures on Piwigo they have to register again. It would be easier for them to have one log-in for both sites.

If this is not possible, then it should be considered at least a plug-in to bring the Users which are already registered in Piwigo to WP and vice versa. This would make it easier for the Webmaster to integrate Piwigo in WP or WP in Piwigo and for the Users already registered in one of the two Options are also happy to not have to register again.^^

I think, something like this was made for example for phpBB.

#28 2010-10-31 01:30:12

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi Sugar888,

Sugar888 wrote:

Most of the Viewer of a gallery are too lazy to subscribe.

I agree, on a public gallery, nobody subscribe.

Sugar888 wrote:

Consider it more problematic if they register in WP and after this [...]

I have always wondered why a user would register on a blog where he is not the author. I have a WordPress blog and 2 Dotclear blogs, on each of these 3 blogs, there is only 1 registered user: me.

#29 2010-10-31 11:02:18

Sugar888
Translation Team
Zurich
2009-11-29

Hi Plg

plg wrote:

I have always wondered why a user would register on a blog where he is not the author. I have a WordPress blog and 2 Dotclear blogs, on each of these 3 blogs, there is only 1 registered user: me.

Well, you're right. If you use WP only as a Blog there is no use to register on it.

For this propose you don't have to look at WP only as a way to create a blog.

What I mean is:

I.e. Piwigo is basically a Photo gallery. Nevertheless, it is used as a personal homepage, a way to present music or video, a way to present the recent news of your work, or even including a kind of a chat.

I suppose the same options described are used with WP in a way to. They have at the moment a bigger community and so there are more plug-ins to give the possibility to use WP in a different way. If they would have user already registered on their WP than it would be another argument to use Piwigo as a Gallery for their homepage. I’m confident this way Piwigo would have a much bigger publicity, because it is great to use.

Last edited by Sugar888 (2010-10-31 19:43:03)

#30 2010-11-02 21:58:57

Sugar888
Translation Team
Zurich
2009-11-29

Good evening.

I was checking the plug-in again and I got a question. At the moment, when you use the plug-in it is only possible to show some photos of your gallery, which are visible to all. Would it be possible to evolve this concept?

It would be interesting to let the people, which are registered, see the pictures of a higher privacy level (it includes of course the different links like: most visited, recent pictures, etc.). This would be a point for   sharing the logins of WP and Piwigo.

Best regards

Sugar888

•  » Requests
  •  » WordPress and Piwigo living together

Board footer